Graphics Card help

Reaction score
i am buying a new graphics card, replacing my Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro, and i am stuck between the Sapphire Radeon X800 and the Sapphire radeon X800GT as i have no idea which is better, any help wil be much appreciated, also with this new card, would you suggest 1 gig or 2 gigs or RAM?:confused:

help would be nice :) (AGP slot only)

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
the X1600 is a midrange card right?
well the X800 is 2 generations old. look around the net and you will be able to find X1900 pros for a good price.

1 Gig of RAM is ok for most people- but if your into playing games i would suggest getting 2 Gigs since RAM is pretty cheap now

Reaction score
are you sure that the X800 is outdated, especially the GT because my friend only got one when new a while back and is a high performance card or so im told, im only looking to spend 100-200 pounds.
Alf said:
the X1600 is a midrange card right?
well the X800 is 2 generations old. look around the net and you will be able to find X1900 pros for a good price.

1 Gig of RAM is ok for most people- but if your into playing games i would suggest getting 2 Gigs since RAM is pretty cheap now

Reaction score
The x800 series is indeed 2 generations old. The x1800s replaced it, then the x1900s are here now.

If you are definately into ati, the x1900s are a steal at the moment :)

Reaction score
but are these cards available in AGP???? i dont think the X1900 is only X1950 and i think thats old. but i dont know. advice on AGP graphics cards at a budget, thanks for above though :D

Reaction score
im looking into the X1950 and i think its a good deal, would this card support some advanced games, is it better than X1900, please more info on the card (^_^) much appreciated

Reaction score
Is This what you are looking for? Its a very reasonable card, you'll be able to play games at the moment which are demanding. Oblivion for example, i reckon you could get a steady 60 fps with the settings at mid-high.

Most of the information is in that link.

Another card to consider but slightly over £200 in total.

The X1950 is probably one of the best cards you can get in agp and under £200. Its hard to advise agp cards at a time like this, but when DX10 (for example Crysis) comes along, your system probably wont hack it. Still, its a good card and for someone in your situation, a fairly wise investment in my opinion.

:D

Reaction score
Thanks

thanks for your help eveyone, especially last thread, i think i will go for the X1950pro as im on a small budget and going for another upgrade (not graphics card) soon. thanks for the help! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If your going to upgrade soon why not wait until you got some cash together and get a PCI-E motherboard, GFX, CPU etc all in one go? It will last you longer in the long run.

You will in my opinion be wasting your money if you buy an AGP card now then upgrade later, AGP Mb's are getting more and more hard to find.....

;)

Reaction score
its only a maybe for the next upgrade, and its a processor, but i may take your advice and trade in my motherboard, is there any cheap but decent motherboards that you know of, or any good sites that sell?

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Whats the spec at the mo? Budget?

Reaction score
This is a PCI-E Motherboard, it seems alright, supports Athlon 64 FX and dual core. so is this a reasonable motherboard?

Reaction score
infact, i might just sell my desktop and buy a new one, seems easier. faster an prbably better! (cheaper also, is this an OK gaming PC will it run demanding games and so forth?:blush:

Reaction score
xfireshadow said:
i am buying a new graphics card, replacing my Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600 Pro, and i am stuck between the Sapphire Radeon X800 and the Sapphire radeon X800GT as i have no idea which is better, any help wil be much appreciated, also with this new card, would you suggest 1 gig or 2 gigs or RAM?:confused:

help would be nice :) (AGP slot only)

See my thread on - https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2871148.php - some good graphics cards mentioned there (along with great advice).
nod.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Depending on what your system specs are and your budget which you haven't told us about...

A new rig with decent card is going to be costly, upgrading the old card for a new X1950pro is also going to be costly as your probably going to need a new PSU aswell...

Take a look at this thread....https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2959396.php

Reaction score
ok, sorry for the not telling you my budget thing. i will be happy to spend £600-£850 and this PC meets my specs, but im not sure if it's any good being the fool i am. will it be able to run demanding games well with a decent fps?

Reaction score
is this a good card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card? Will it be able o run demanding games like oblivion easily, or should i go for the 8800GS 320mb, which is DX10 supporting, but a bit more expensive?:confused:

Ask a Question