Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an MP

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8048215.stm

Ms Barlow, elected MP for Hove in 2005, has a second home in London but does not accept any public funding for it through a matter of "personal choice".

As well as not claiming a second home allowance, Mr Afriyie - elected in 2005 - was not reimbursed for any travel costs.

Mr Dunne owns a flat in London but says he believes claiming for it is not "the right thing to do".

Ms Milton says she does not need a second allowance as she lives in Guildford - about 40 minutes away by train.

David Howarth, MP for Cambridge, is alone among Lib Dem MPs outside greater London in not claiming for a second homes allowance last year.

He says he prefers to travel to and from Cambridge every day because it "keeps him in touch" with his family and his constituents.

He says the second home allowance should only be used for paying for hotel accommodation or rental property.

Now the above are what I call decent folk. Well done you people and I hope you have long and illustrious careers.

bowdown.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Only 99.9% of the population of the UK.;)

Oh NO they don't.

Believe me, I know this one for sure.

There are many people out there who seriously don't give a monkeys.

This is the world as it is, accept it, fight it, survive it, consider yourself lucky in a thousand ways.

What is the point of moaning? Don't get you nowhere except maybe an early grave. And now, every single damn thread relating to politicians and their expenses I am going to put in my 'ignore' category.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Only 99.9% of the population of the UK.;)

That figure is probably a bit high.

As to moaning. My posts are not moans. They are exactly what you are telling me to do Flops. This is my way of fighting for a world that I would like to live in. The world will always be in a state of flux, one day the good guys are winning one day the bad guys are winning. I was not even born when the bad guys last made their attempt to rule the world. I did however grow up surrounded by folk who had survived it. An if by writing a few posts I can help to tilt the balance in favour of the good guys I will.
What is it they say "use it or loose it" Well I'm exercising my right to free speech in the fight to retain as much freedom as possible. If folk want to be naysayers and fence sitters then that's fine by me as they are exercising their freedom of thought and action.

:p

Ask a Question