Golden Oldies

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No, I'm not talking about any of the members here :p...

With all these new games coming out, there aren't many that have particularly caught my eye (except AOEIII and some of the new FPS's).

I've been starting to play some really old games, almost 10 years old in some cases - and they are great! Transport Tycoon is something I'm really enjoying at the moment, complete with one of those blue DOS sound config screens and MIDI background music ;)

Anyone else still play retro games, or am I just a saddo? :D

Reaction score
Funny you shoud say that.... I've been playing Legend of the Dragoon for PS1... it was a really well made game for its time.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I still really enjoy Quake and Quake II every now and again.

Quake 1 my favourite ever, I think, first sort of 'real' fps, imo.

Started playing Mafia again as well, though that not really old.

I loaded up Win 98 recently to play Nocturne, but it just won't play. I actually think the machine is too highly specced :(

Same thing with LBA2 as well, just wouldn't start.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm quite a big fan of the Tomb Raider games - I still play on those from time to time.

Other than that, I've got a Sony emulator on my PC and I quite like playing the old Megadrive games (Sonic, Aladdin, etc) - it reminds me of when I was little! :blush:

Reaction score
Okay, classic retro genius:

Tank wars (256 colour brialliance, 8 2D tanks shooting at each other with a wide variety of weapons - think early Worms)

Jones in the Fast Lane (we're up to VGA with this one, think the Game of Life but with a sense of humor and a burglar called 'Wild Willy')

Heart of China (point and click adventure, great graphics, sense of humor and a Ninja... dont think I ever completed it)

Silent Hill 1 for the Playstation (awesome experience - I remember playing the demo where the main enemies were walking monstrosities with kitchen knives but they never made it to the final game and we just got 'creatures' with knife like hands, dissappointing but didn't detract from the game too much)

Obviously there are more but these ones always stand out for me... :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sometimes after being down the pub, my friends and i will go back to mine and have an hour or two on Goldeneye 4 player Deathmatch, or Perfect Dark. (N64)
Or something a little less violent is 'Waverace' The only game i can remember that you could play with on hand!! Genius! :D
:cool:

Not exactly 'Golden Oldies' i know but a couple of classic's non the less!! :)

Last edited:

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
Retro games eh? Well, I'm partial to cracking out the Saturn for a few goes of Sega Rally. In fact I've had the whole lot out recently, SNES, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, N64....trying to play through all those classics I missed first time around.

Managed to get a review copy of Taito Legends on the PS2 which is filled with al sorts of classics. The likes of Spce Invaders, Zoo Keeper, Operation Wolf, and Bubble Bobble!

If anything I have too litle time to give these retro titles the attention they deserve this time of year. With it being the run up to Christmas gaming wise, I'm getting half a dozen brand new games per week to review!

Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone remember the original Syndicate game? You control 4 "agents" who had to do tasks like assassinate people etc. That game was way ahead of its time!! Its a pity i dont still have a copy of it, although i think if i saw it again the graphics would ruin my memory's of it, it would probably look pretty dated now.

Bodhi

Ask a Question