Giving away!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
psd99 said:
nice one so you are a true southerner.

there is a lot of South Africans where I work that live in London. A lot of them said it was difficult when they first came out here because they................................. never saw the sunshine in the mornings! It made me laugh a lot.

Is it true that over there in the winter you can still go on the beach in your shorts? What is it like out there?

That sure did make me laugh, I was born in South Africa, but my parents are English..They are from up north, Newcastle to be a bit more precise..I have been here 16 years, so this is home for me..
It depends on what part of the country you are in really..If you go up north towards Durban it is still quite warm in winter, almost tropical..Cape Town can be warm to, but generally cold in winter..And when I say cold, I mean on par with Scotland at times, sea air is not nice in the winter..
Other than that it is an absolutely beautiful country, it's just the government that lets the place down..If you read the papers or watch T.V devide everything in half to get the real figures..Media like to hipe things up, especially since S.A have the next World Cup..U.K are trying thier best to get the World cup moved from there based on the crime figures and violents stabbings..etc..I think its about time we addressed violent crime over here before we start poking our nosses in other peoples back yards..

But in short, its a great place to holiday, like any other country it has its good points and its bad..Go experience it for yourself, i'm sure you'll come back pleased..Oh I forgot, taking ££££'s over there makes everything dirt cheap...How about a pint for £1 can't beet that..

Reaction score
That sounds good. Newcastle/ SA/ London. Thought you were a southerner in England, Newcastle is up norrrrrrrrrrth!

cor blimey what kind of accent you got then? I've never heard a Geordian South African London accent before lol

Reaction score
psd99 said:
That sounds good. Newcastle/ SA/ London. Thought you were a southerner in England, Newcastle is up norrrrrrrrrrth!

cor blimey what kind of accent you got then? I've never heard a Geordian South African London accent before lol

Both my parents still have very strong accents, although they have been there since the 40's... When I talk to them there is a bit of a northern accent that comes out..Most of the time though my accent is just a nice English accent..Although I find it funny that I have an nice English accent, but my brother who has been here 20 odd years still ahs a very thick South African accent..lol if you're confused try be part of my family, add into it we are Jewish and Great grabnd parents come from Poland or somewhere like that..I get by though..Makes me laugh though when people say to me "Oh I can hear the South African accent now" No ya can't..Bet if I said I was German they would say " Oh I can hear the German in you now"...

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Dont laugh, this is my favourite film ...do you have Jeepers Creepers 1 or 2 ?

Reaction score
lol I really liked them both
but probably 2 the most!

Ask a Question