Subject: RE: Look at that security patch from the M$ Corporation.
Source: <gaoland.net> via <smtpout01.etnet.fr> - listed by SpamCop
From: cosmokb <[email protected]>
Subject: Look at these correction security pack from M$ Corporation
Source: <tm.net.my> via <service.tm.net.my> - listed by SpamCop
From: "darvince" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Check the pack which came from Microsoft
Source: <pa.sprint-hsd.net> via <gull.mail.pas.earthlink.net> - listed by
SpamCop
From: "John Bass" <[email protected]>
Subject: FWD: Look at that update from M$ Corporation
Source: <ophidian52.upnaway.com> via <mail.upnaway.com> - not listed by SpamCop
From: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: InterScan NT Alert
Source: <private IP> via <eagle.oceana.com> - not listed by SpamCop

David W. Hodgins

Received 5 of these these this morning, and I still believe that these are deliberate attempts to seed the virus using lists compiled from News Group. They are all sent through legitimate mail servers, and 2 of them even had the list of about 60 names CC'd instead of BBC'd. This is the mark of an inexperienced user. A virus just doesn't do this by itself.

Unfortunately it does. Note that the from address is also forged, so you have to
use the received headers to figure out which ip it came from.

Regards, Dave Hodgins