"Ghosts" in my IE6

-z

Any clue what this means from your FIRST suggested site:

Go to my computer, view/folder options/file types (or control panel, folder
options depending on your operating system). (I don't get the following or
see this: )

Scroll down to the URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocols, click edit twice and
make sure the following is in the application used to
perform action box:

Thank you

DVarnau said:
Hi,
See: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#blank_windows
and maybe
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
d.varnau[at]lycos[dot]com
-z said:
When I let a site call up another screen or page by clicking what
appears
is
a page that looks like a clear, see thru window

I can "X" out, so NO freezes or hang-ups--NO problems other than I get this
"ghost"

This kb article describes the prob--or, what I see, but the solution does
NOT work for me

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679

Thank you...

DVarnau

Sure, I can translate that. The author of that site is a bit terse, at times
<G> You need to get to File Types. That's slightly different for each
version of Windows.

Go to My Computer> View> Folder options> File types
Or
My Computer> Tools> Folder options> File types
Or
Control panel> Folder options> File types
Select [URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocols] or it might be
[N/A URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocols] then Advanced then select Open then
Click Edit then "make sure the following is in the application used to
perform action"
[then it becomes easier to understand, yes?]

Hope this helps,
Don
- - - - -

-z said:
When I let a site call up another screen or page by clicking what
appears
is
a page that looks like a clear, see thru window

I can "X" out, so NO freezes or hang-ups--NO problems other than I get this
"ghost"

This kb article describes the prob--or, what I see, but the solution does
NOT work for me

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679

Thank you...

-z

Thank you for the follow-up
I now see what you say
I see 3 listings (variations) and all three are open
Many thanks

"-z" <Hitharneighbor[at]ihatespam.com> wrote in message
When I let a site call up another screen or page by clicking what appears
is
a page that looks like a clear, see thru window

I can "X" out, so NO freezes or hang-ups--NO problems other than I get
this
"ghost"

This kb article describes the prob--or, what I see, but the solution does
NOT work for me

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q281679

Thank you...

-z

Alas, this did NOT solve the problem

Thank you...

DVarnau said:
[...]

z,
I struggled with this exact problem a few months ago and tried EVERYTHING.
The solution was to uninstall/reinstall IE5.5 (WindowsME) and reinstall all
of the updates.

Regards,
Don