Getting Rid of a Virus\Trojan

Reaction score
Recently my PC has been infected with a Virus called "Downloader.Agent.11.Q". My AVG virus scan can pick up 11 infected filles with this virus and it says that it headled them all but it has been saying that for the last 2 days so i am guessing that AVG is unable to remove the Trojan.

I have tried looking at other sites which has people with smiliar problems and i have tried there soloution. For instance i started-up my pc in safe mode and tried to trojan scanes and virus scan's but no diffrence.

The virus is very annoying it sets my homepage to blank, i contunie to get pop-ups and sometimes when my PC starts i get errors invloving C:\windows\apine.exe and C:\Windows\ienm32.exe. The errors say that i do not have the correct secret permissions to access this files eventho i am a adminstrator. These errors do not occur everytime i start my PC but sometimes they do.

The only other idea i have is to try an onlne virus scan to see if that can remove it but if AVG can't do it that i am guessing a free online scan wont bo it but never the less i will try that now but if anyone else has any ideas i would be very thankfull.

Cheers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Go to the features menu on the toolbar above and try the free online AV scan there, it might do it if AVG can't?

If that doesn't work, try AntiVir - its free too :)

Reaction score
i had a trojan! omg what a pain! at the time i was running on windows 98. i couldnt fix it sadly :(

so i just upgraded 2 xp....backed up my music ect and started fresh

hope you manage to solve the problem

my advise would be the same as Ian's...

Good Luck G~MAN

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Go to the features menu on the toolbar above and try the free online AV scan there, it might do it if AVG can't?

If that doesn't work, try AntiVir - its free too :)

I am trying but it dontwork on Firefox and went i try to do it on IE it the virus kicks in and the webpage stops resonding but i will contnuie to try some other ideas.

This is very annyoing so i may just give up, back up my pc and format but i willl c if anyone hear has anymore ideas

Thanks All

Reaction score
psd99 said:
darkangel how about system restore?

That would be the first thing I would do but the thing is i can not rember when i first got infected with the virus.

I think i am gona ave 2 format but at least i have the change to back up the stuff i need.

Thanks All

Reaction score
darkangel said:
That would be the first thing I would do but the thing is i can not rember when i first got infected with the virus.

I think i am gona ave 2 format but at least i have the change to back up the stuff i need.

Thanks All

thats a v lame excuse

put it back a month
then see if its still there

dont bother reformatting unless u really have to

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you can download Antivir, then do. Uninstall AVG, install Antivir and update Antivir.

There's a very good chance Antivir could fix that for you.

I've used both and imo Antivir is much more effective than AVG, it can kill Trojans and similar stone dead even while they're running.

Reaction score
I did try Antivir but wouldn't let me so I did have to format but the way I have set up my PC meant that it didn't cause me to many problems. I got partitions and luckily only the windows one was affected so I just had to format that one so all my programmes were still there but still was an annoying thing but got a clean copy of windows now so everything is working fine and quickly.

The Trojan I had was most annoying one I have ever had, did a virus scan and had 67 infected files, healed all them, did another virus scan and there was 2 infected files, healed them, did another scan and there was 6 infected files. It was obviously copying it self from somewhere just couldn't find the original. :mad:

Oh well problem sorted but one good thing I did learn was the many things you can do to try and get rid of a virus or Trojan. Things I never knew before so I might right an article or do a thread about it. Anyone be intrested in that or do you all know how to get rid of them and I might just be new to it?

Anyway Thanks for all the advice

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All experience is good experience, the more info here the better.

If you write about your experiences, some will already know, but some will benefit from what you have to say.

So what you waiting for? ;)

Reaction score
Guess you can actually find the file infected by the trojan virus. You just simply cant find it when u try to browse the folder where it's in cuz its a hidden file. The key is...Open My Computer..Click on Tools..Choose Folder Options.. then on View Tab.. check out the advance settings..Then click on "Show hidden files and folders". Im sure ur antivirus will tell you where the infected file is located...Just follow the path and it will direct u to the ryt folder. Most file infected by trojan is in the format of *.zip..extract it, then delete it or just simply delete the entire*.zip file...and whollah! Problem solved! I guarantee you... ur pc will still work 100%!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trojan

Yea this stuff Really Effs me off ive got this one at the moment that completely screwed my pc up you download file from a freeware site and install it my geuss is its intertwined with the other softwares scripts, and you pc slows down like **** loads and this pops up antivirus XP 2008 It acts like its scanning your computer of viruses but all but the scan button take you to a registration page that asks you for money (as soon as i found this thing i unplugged my modem) i had to use another Computer to post this as it has crippled just about everything to do with the internet not that i want to use it. The thing is whenever you try to uninstall it the program just pops up saying you have something like 32 viruses when nortans can only pick up 7 that are all related to this trojan any ideas or will i have to reformat???
Cheers Davin

Reaction score
download SuperAntiVirus and Spybot Search and Destroy..Then take Norton through it in the nearest and biggest skip and install Kaspersky..You'll be a happy bunny after doing that..

Ask a Question