German SP1 install converts some default windows to German Text

lexicon59

Hope someone can help me with this one-

I installed a german language version of SP1 onto an XP Pro computer
thinking it was no big deal. Now, some of the default windows come up in
german. Mainly the "Page not found" in IE6 and some of the upload and
download dialogue boxes.

Any way to switch them back to english?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How to Manually Remove Windows XP Service Pack 1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329015&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"lexicon59" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| Hope someone can help me with this one-
|
| I installed a german language version of SP1 onto an XP Pro computer
| thinking it was no big deal. Now, some of the default windows come up in
| german. Mainly the "Page not found" in IE6 and some of the upload and
| download dialogue boxes.
|
| Any way to switch them back to english?

Time Warner

Carey- Thanks for the suggestion. I ran the setup the way the KB article
said for the repair setup. Everything goes OK until it restarts WindowsXP
to finish the installation.

It stops on the screen that describes how great Windows is and goes to a
blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut
down to prevent damage to you computer." It goes on to say that if a driver
is identified, to disable it.

There is a file called ALIEHCI.SYS that is identified after the stop message
and I don't know what it is or how to disable it since I can't get out of
the setup.

It's also going right into a disk check after the memory dump (from the blue
screen above) and tries to go back again to the setup. It's stuck in some
kind of loop.

I hope you can help me on this one.