General Protection Fault!!!!!!!!!

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Hi again, I have the complete series of all the Spinter Cell games on PC exept for Double Agent. The first 2 Splinter Cell games are causing BIG problems. On Pandora Tomorrow, When I try to enter my quick inventory in the last level, I get a general protection fault. On the first Splinter Cell, I get random General Protection Faults in the game especially in the expansion levels which you only find on the PC version. These games are running on NoCD cracks because the CDs got used so much, they are scratched and won't work. Apart from that, the games are OK. No problems apparently in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I had that problem with splinter cell too, unfourtuantly i wasnt able to find a solution since i had reformatted

Reaction score
I had the same problem with some of my discs, i try and avoid the NoCd cracks though as a lot of the time they can have dodgy things hidden in them and a lot of the sites that you get them from are full of all sorts of nastys :( Is it too scratched to do a new install? If you can get it to do a new install then use a program like Alcohol to create a Virtual Drive and an image of the Disc and then mount that image on the Virtual drive thats what i have done in the past. I had this problem with FS2004 i am a big fan of activation now if it means you dont have to keep putting the disc in like FSX and it saves all this hassle. You can get Alcohol 120% here Alcohol 120% it costs 29 Euros but in my opinion its worth it for all the hassle it saves you and the risk of damaging your CD / DVDs. Oh and if your wondering how the discs get damaged well the worst culprit is my younger brother :mad: he is terrible for taking out a disc and leaving it lying around but now I have got a new PC i gave him my old one and password protected this so it shouldn't be an issue now anyways lol.

Cheers Lee.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, but the disk drive won't even read it. It just makes a grinding noise and the read/write light just keeps flashing on and off. After like 5 minutes, it stops ans ejects the disk.

I've used a Key Generator to get Alcohol 120% ages ago and I still have it. But I can't mount the disk if the drive can't ever read it!

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
hmm.. now that i think of it, i think its because of the StarForce copyright protection.
They got in some trouble because they where secretly installing monitoring trojans that screwed with cd-dvd drives. and Dont bother with with either game. Instead get the rather excellent Chaos Theory. (unless it has starforce )

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Well Chaos Theory does have improved graphics and stability (Talking of my AMD Athlon 3800+ [2.4GHZ]) It's not fast, but it also runs Double Agent well!!! Still I can't remove it. It brings the uninstall wizard, but it just closes when I click uninstall. It unistall won't open again, but the game still runs.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
hmm... i personally didnt have double agent, so i dont know whats going on. You may try the games official forums - im sure people have had thier share of problems

Ask a Question