G

I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and all the latest updates on a
HP Pavilion 750n computer. When I try to start a Greeting Card Program
called American Greetings CreataCard, I get an error message "CACARD caused a
General Protection Fault in Module CACARD.EXE at 0008:A3B0". This is an old
program but I have been running it for years on this computer with the box
checked to run as Compatabile with Windows 98. I have never had this problem
before. I have tried re-loading the program several times to no avail. Can
someone tell me what to do to get rid of this error. Thanks.

G

Thank you for your reply, but I have already tried this and I still get the
error message. Any more suggestions?

Reaction score
CACARD.EXE at 0008:A3B0 error in creatacard plus in XP
(i guess some xp update or some other program along the way might have caused this) I might if time try it on a early on in a xp installation.

A quick fix is to open forget me not reminders and once there you have a link to creatacard and this works ok. You can send a sortcut to the desktop from the reminders icon and then rename it to creatacard and then change the icon to the red flower.

This is a late reply but i hope anyone looking for this fault finds this link and it helps them out.

Reaction score
Creatacard protection error

oriongi said:
CACARD.EXE at 0008:A3B0 error in creatacard plus in XP
(i guess some xp update or some other program along the way might have caused this) I might if time try it on a early on in a xp installation.

A quick fix is to open forget me not reminders and once there you have a link to creatacard and this works ok. You can send a sortcut to the desktop from the reminders icon and then rename it to creatacard and then change the icon to the red flower.

This is a late reply but i hope anyone looking for this fault finds this link and it helps them out.

Thanks Oriongi. I have had the same problem for years, but only today search for help. Your method of loading CaCard Plus (Cacard1) via 'Forget Me Not' works fine for me. So too does the suggestion of switching the screen to 800*600 and then back to the original setting before running CaCard Plus. I have written a small batch file that does this automatically and put a shortcut to it on the desktop with an appropriate icon.

'CaCard1.bat
Shell Screen 800*600
Shell Screen 1280*1024 ' or whatever screen size you are working with.
c:\cacard\cacard.exe 'or whatever path to your cacard.exe.

Reaction score
kanga85 said:
Thanks Oriongi. I have had the same problem for years, but only today search for help. Your method of loading CaCard Plus (Cacard1) via 'Forget Me Not' works fine for me. So too does the suggestion of switching the screen to 800*600 and then back to the original setting before running CaCard Plus. I have written a small batch file that does this automatically and put a shortcut to it on the desktop with an appropriate icon.

'CaCard1.bat
Shell Screen 800*600
Shell Screen 1280*1024 ' or whatever screen size you are working with.
c:\cacard\cacard.exe 'or whatever path to your cacard.exe.

Sorry folks, I thought this batch file was working alright, but now find that it appeared to work only because I had already switch the screen manually to 800*600 and back again. Ignore this batch file!

Ask a Question