Geforce 6800 GT OC, Yay or Nay?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I was wondering if i should buy a Geforce 6800 GT OC, although not as fast as the Geforce 6800 Ultra it works near the speed of the Radeon X800 pro PE. and when overclocked even more than it is (OC stand for overclocked, its already done) its faster than both of the fore mentioned cards and still $100 (im american) cheaper! what do yall think?

Reaction score
In a word.. YES!

I have the galaxy glacier model... that is already 20mhz O/C out of the factory.. plus it has the monster arctic cooler on it :)

I get 420 core // 1100 memory on mine ..which is faster than ultra speed.. and it's cool due to the monster non-reference cooler on it.

Highly recommended :)

Alf said:
I was wondering if i should buy a Geforce 6800 GT OC, although not as fast as the Geforce 6800 Ultra it works near the speed of the Radeon X800 pro PE. and when overclocked even more than it is (OC stand for overclocked, its already done) its faster than both of the fore mentioned cards and still $100 (im american) cheaper! what do yall think?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd agree - Yes. The 6800GT has been getting a lot of good reviews, I'm considering one myself.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I like the scores ive been seeing from the 6800GT OC, It leaves the X800 Pro in the dirt, and is good competition for the X800XT PE, but not as expensive as the XT PE!

Its a definate bang for buck card from what ive seen.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Excellent. now all i need is $300 more dollars, heh

Ask a Question