Geforce 275 GTX...

Reaction score
What a stonkingly fast card this is!

Bearing in mind that I am running an Athlon 3800+ and DDR memory, and the rest of my system is relatively bad, the difference is amazing.

I only run things at 1280x1024 too, which reduces alot of the strain.

Stalker, which I used to run on medium-ish setting with a lot of stuff disabled, now runs everything full and at a million fps. I haven't bought a new game for a quite some time, but it is just walking through anything I can find.

Was a bit of a lark fitting it in my case though. Had to remove hard drive cage and move the hard drives about, and then I had to unscrew the easy fit-type PCI slot locks (those ones which have the plastic thing that locks it instead of the screw) because the cooler was far too huge for them to fit over it. The card must be nearly a foot long! Its touching my hard drive cage, no clearance at all.

No doubt you all have better cards anyway, but I haven't replaced anything in three years so I'm pretty pleased :D

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Only a lowly 4850 here. Glad your having fun blasting the bad guys.

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My cards are 9800GTX 512Mb; 8800GTS 640Mb and 7600GT 256Mb so you have a much better card than me Squire :thumb:

I really don't think I need to upgrade though, all games running fine and good so I may get one when they is cheap as chips.

Glad you is enjoying the card :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Lets see some pic man! :d

Ya them cards a fat, good that NV saw the light and put the power on the top so you dont need as much room behind the card now like me old 8800GTX, would be tight if it was out the back like the 'old days' lol

Link to my thread bout the 285

Reaction score
V_R said:
Lets see some pic man! :d

Ya them cards a fat, good that NV saw the light and put the power on the top so you dont need as much room behind the card now like me old 8800GTX, would be tight if it was out the back like the 'old days' lol

Link to my thread bout the 285

Having looked at that, I'm not sure I want to be showing off my dusty, messy case :D

I had all my cable sorted but had to move tham all around to fit the card, and I can't find any cable ties!

Is the 285 any longer than the 275? I didn't have an 8*** series card so these things are titans to me, but to you apparently they aren't any different?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
IIRC the 2** cards are all the same size, maybe the 295 is a little bigger..

Not 100% sure tho. :)

Ask a Question