gateway notebook won't turn on anymore

Reaction score
i have an '05 model platinum edition gateway notebook....i left it sitting in my office for about 4 months without using it at all...when i went to use it, i plugged it into the ac adapter and all seemed to working just fine for about an hour. i left it on and when i returned to my office the unit had shut down on its own. pushed the power button and i got nothing...not any lights on front of unit showing battery state either. i popped out the battery and it has a self test button which shows at 100%. i called gateway and they told me that the support live tech charges for the answers, so thats why i'm here. can anyone help or even ever heard of this?

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like it might have overheated, please try an ATX reset on the laptop by taking the battery out of the laptop and pressing the on button for 30 seconds this drains all reaming power from the laptop then reseat battery in and attempt to power it up and see what happens.

Good Luck,

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
if you can try another power pack and see if that works also try it plugged in with out the battery in and see if it works.

Regards,

Wiz

Ask a Question