Gaming headphones.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
The big advantage with wireless 'phones is not having to take them off to get up and get another beer :D

You lazy bum! :D

Yes wireless headphones have come a long way and they are getting better and better everydayday due to technological advancements.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
How are you getting on with those Sennheiser 160 headphones flops ??

I came into some money and am thinking of getting either the 160's £109 or the 170's £132.

Any thoughts would be welcome from anyone. :cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think they're great, love 'em.

About three weeks ago though I noticed I had a cheap pair of Bush Accoustic loudspeakers doing nothing plus a couple of 1 watt amplifier modules and a 12V power supply.

So I put the modules and PSU in a small case from Maplins with a volume control and now I sometimes use that - sounds pretty good.

The pics show the speakers with cover on and off, they cost £20 in Richer Sounds a few years ago, are very solidly built and sound very good indeed. My rather modest amplifier is in the first pic.

Sometimes my Netgear router gets extremely hot btw, that black box underneath it has a mains powered 120mm fan with a switch on the back which cools it down pretty quick if need be. Damn noisy though. Just by way of an explanation :)

7619d1311788827-gaming-headphones-spkr001.jpg

7620d1311788827-gaming-headphones-spkr002.jpg

Attachments

• spkr001.jpg
    spkr001.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 175
  • spkr002.jpg
    spkr002.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 176

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I think they're great, love 'em.

So I put the modules and PSU in a small case from Maplins with a volume control and now I sometimes use that - sounds pretty good.

Don't you find it a bit uncomfortable with a speaker on each shoulder. I would have thought the Sennheiser's would have been a tad more comfortable. :fool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I took the plunge as I have never had any decent headphones and ordered the Sennheiser 170 set from Dixons as they were doing a deal with Nectar points and the price was right with free postage.

I must say I am blown away with all the extra sound I am getting. From BBC radio plays, music, films and games. :drool:

The entire experience has been very very nice indeed from placing the order to placing the cans on me head. :dance: an boy did I need a lift as me whole world has been turned upside down today :cry: I would do a quicky review but I am too shellshocked at the moment.:(
Now where did I put that 100% Polish vodka :cool:

Ask a Question