Games for Windows Live Shutting Down in 2014

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Microsoft is closing Games for Windows Live on July 1, 2014. Revealed via an Age of Empires Online support page -- which has since been updated to remove the relevant info -- this news follows Microsoft's announcement to kill the Games for Windows Live Marketplace.

We've reached out to Microsoft for clarification and confirmation about the precise date of Games for Windows Live's apparent inevitable death.

Source: Reddit

JBz0gxH.jpg

Source: IGN

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I couldn't care less about the marketplace, but if they kill the service completely meaning you can't play games like Batman etc, thats a real **** thing to do. :(

Reaction score
They are going to have to release patches to disable the protection on games such as Batman Arkham etc

If not they are asking for a whole pot of trouble

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Probably an intentional leak on Microsoft's part, they seem to have confirmed what most observers suspected.

Windows 8, their original Xbox One plans and a whole history of nefarious business practices, what else could we expect from Mr Ballmer?

They promise you the earth, take your money, then kick you in the teeth.

It may be out of the frying pan and into the fire but let's hear a big up for Apple, Linux and Sony PS4.

Anybody wanna buy an Xbox 360/250Gb and an assortment of games? ;)

As for GFWL on the PC, luckily for me I don't have many titles that require it and it's always been a bit rubbish anyway. I do hope they disable the DRM in GFWL games or they will certainly alienate themselves even further.

Reaction score
As for GFWL on the PC, luckily for me I don't have many titles that require it and it's always been a bit rubbish anyway. I do hope they disable the DRM in GFWL games or they will certainly alienate themselves even further.

Agreed I don't have that many myself. As for the Xbox I have far too many games to even consider selling it.

The Xbox One? Not gonna happen for me for probably 5 years if at all

As a matter of fact I'd be more interested in going for a PS4 for a change

Ask a Question