FSB on an AMD 2000+

Reaction score
It`s me again! Has anyone tried to get (or managed to get) a 2000+ XP to boot at a FSB of 166MHZ under air-cooling conditions? e.g. if the multiplier was lowered or... something..

Cheers

Kenny

Reaction score
What exactly does the multiplier do? My friend was asking about it today. Having only ever overclocked an Intel machine and not an AMD i was curious as to what it does?

Reaction score
the frequency of the CPU is the FSB multiplied by the... err.... multiplier. beyond that, i have no clue.

Reaction score
lol yeah i knew that bit for example the multiplier on my CPU i have at the mo is 14 because the FSB is 200MHz (quad pumped to 800) so the 2 timsed by each other = 2800MHz :)

So changing the multiplier does what then? i guess it leaves the memory at the same speed and also the FSB... so effectivly you could up the multiplier of an Athlon 2500 to a 3200 and it would be identical every way - same FSB and therefore same RAM?

hmm...

Reaction score
spot on sir. If/ when I get my fingers out and buy this damn mobo, I might try to con my flatmate out of his spare 2500+ and do that very thing....

Ask a Question