FrontPage Error Message

Joan

After creating a new page using FrontPage, when I try to
save the page, a Microsoft window pops up asking if I want
to send an error report. I click "Yes" to send the report
then clicked the more info tab. This is what appears:

Microsoft FrontPage HTTP://Server8080.Frontpg.exe
application error.

Instructions at "0x00000004". The memory could not
be "read". Click on OK to terminate this program.

I've unstalled and reinstalled FrontPage, still the same
error message.

We're running Windows XP OS. Any suggestions on how to
fix this problem would be appreciated.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Which version of FP are you using?

Which version of XP are you using; Home or Pro?

Did you create a Web first, or just a 'lonely' webpage...you have to create a web first then the page within it.

This sounds like you are trying to Publish a Web. Are you running a Firewall?

| After creating a new page using FrontPage, when I try to
| save the page, a Microsoft window pops up asking if I want
| to send an error report. I click "Yes" to send the report
| then clicked the more info tab. This is what appears:
|
| Microsoft FrontPage HTTP://Server8080.Frontpg.exe
| application error.
|
| Instructions at "0x00000004". The memory could not
| be "read". Click on OK to terminate this program.
|
| I've unstalled and reinstalled FrontPage, still the same
| error message.
|
| We're running Windows XP OS. Any suggestions on how to
| fix this problem would be appreciated.

Beemer Biker

Did you create a Web first, or just a 'lonely' webpage...you have to
create a web first then the page within it.

Is this explained anywhere? ie: can you recommend some books like "for
dummies" or "learn webpage publishing in 10 minutes". I started with a
page and worked backwards.

...thanks..

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

hmmmm.

Start by creating a Web first, then create the individual pages within the web.

Frontpage 200x Inside Out (by Jim Buyens - an MVP here on this nb) is my bible, however it's not a tutorial if that's what you're seeking.

There is a Dummies book, but you may want to peruse it first at a brick & mortar store rather than ordering it on line...its really basic...maybe too basic.

If you answer the other basic troubleshooting questions I posted, maybe someone here can help.

| wrote in message |
| >Did you create a Web first, or just a 'lonely' webpage...you have to
| create a web first then the page within it.
|
| Is this explained anywhere? ie: can you recommend some books like "for
| dummies" or "learn webpage publishing in 10 minutes". I started with a
| page and worked backwards.
|
| ..thanks..

Tom Pepper Willett

FrontPage Training:
The MS training is at
http://office.microsoft.com/trainin...ID=CR061832701033&CTT=4&Origin=ES790000501033

Plus the Help system built into FP2003

--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
| wrote in message |
| >Did you create a Web first, or just a 'lonely' webpage...you have to
| create a web first then the page within it.
|
| Is this explained anywhere? ie: can you recommend some books like "for
| dummies" or "learn webpage publishing in 10 minutes". I started with a
| page and worked backwards.
|
| ..thanks..

Joan

My customer is using FrontPage 2000 with Windows XP Pro,
using Windows IIS server. I designed the website and
trained the customer to do their own updates to the
website, using FrontPage.

They created a new page within the website and upon saving
the file, received the message as outlined below.

They do have a firewall installed at the server.

Thanks for responding, let me know if you need additional
information.

Joan
Which version of XP are you using; Home or Pro?

Did you create a Web first, or just a 'lonely'
webpage...you have to create a web first then the page
within it.
This sounds like you are trying to Publish a Web. Are you running a Firewall?

"Joan" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Check the firewall - make sure it will allow FP through.

| My customer is using FrontPage 2000 with Windows XP Pro,
| using Windows IIS server. I designed the website and
| trained the customer to do their own updates to the
| website, using FrontPage.
|
| They created a new page within the website and upon saving
| the file, received the message as outlined below.
|
| They do have a firewall installed at the server.
|
| Thanks for responding, let me know if you need additional
| information.
|
| Joan

| >|
| >| Microsoft FrontPage HTTP://Server8080.Frontpg.exe
| >| application error.
| >|
| >| Instructions at "0x00000004". The memory could not
| >| be "read". Click on OK to terminate this program.
| >|
| >| I've unstalled and reinstalled FrontPage, still the
| same
| >| error message.
| >|