Frontpage 2003 Help

Reaction score
Seeking help with an artifact known as Front Page 2003. I started a web site in 2005, it's been fine so far - now I need to add some interactive buttons but I can't get them to position on the page properly.

Started off running XP-32, have since migrated through Win 2000 and Win 7 to today's Win 10-64.

Any and all replies appreciated.

Dennis - Tucson

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Dennis :). Could you please post the code here and I'll have a look for you - perhaps with some explanation of where you'd like them positioned.

Although old versions of Word, Excel and so on are still very useful - Frontpage 2003 is very old in terms of web technologies. A lot of the things it does are overly complicated compared to modern web standards. It may be better to transition to something newer. Microsoft have released "Expression Web 4" for free, it's much more recent than Frontpage, but still retains some similarities. You may have more luck with that:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=36179

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Dennis :). Could you please post the code here and I'll have a look for you - perhaps with some explanation of where you'd like them positioned.

Can't do that because I haven't seen any code. The page upon which I want to place the button has a large photo with considerable white space on both sides. Upon following the instructions to create an interactive button it then appears, not where I clicked but at the bottom hard against the side of the photo.

Although old versions of Word, Excel and so on are still very useful - Frontpage 2003 is very old in terms of web technologies. A lot of the things it does are overly complicated compared to modern web standards. It may be better to transition to something newer. Microsoft have released "Expression Web 4" for free, it's much more recent than Frontpage, but still retains some similarities. You may have more luck with that: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=36179

Well, yes, but at 86 I'm not quite so new either. Should the board desire I've been contemplating just dumping everything on WordPress, but then that's predicting the future.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'll be able to help much with the Frontpage 2003 problem unfortunately, as it's been so long since I've used it and it's full of quirks (especially with the unusual buttons system it had, as it uses frontpage proprietary code). I've had a read up to try and refresh my memory, but without seeing the page infront of me I don't think I can offer much useful advice - other than alternatives.

Your idea about migrating to Wordpress may be a good one, as it's quite an easy system to use and very well supported. The only problem would be migrating your old content over if you've got a lot of page to copy and paste!

Ask a Question