Windows XP Frontpage 2000 crashes on "save as" command

ssc

Reaction score
Hello - I have been using Microsoft Frontpage 2000 almost since it came out, and it does what I need to update my site, which is fairly large, and needs updating as new stock comes in (should I give my web address or is that frowned on?)

My computer crashed out a few weeks ago and someone came and helped me get it restarted, and we re-installed the various programmes (it runs windows xp home edition 2002)

I usually work live when updating the site, and can still do so but when I want to use one of the template pages and then try the "save as" command I get an error message referring to memory and saying click to terminate, which results in the programme closing.

I am no sort of expert, and more or less do things by rote, so I didnt want to have to upgrade the programme if I can avoid it, as any change always seems to involve a steep learning curve, and updating the web site is just one of the many business tasks I have to try and incorporate in my day.

I really do hope someone can help me (and I have now switched on my first ever smiley, which dosent look very smiley at all)

Many thanks Susan

Reaction score
Hi Susan
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Welcome to the forum..
Yeah in your first post, specially if it realated to something you were selling or a service you might be providing it is proably not a good idea to pst a link to your site..Some forums would ban you straight away..Although the Mods/Admin on here are fantastic and can tell a spammer from a good person ..
Anyway to the point, Have you the latest Service pack for MS 2000..? I personaly use Rapid PhP for my sites and haven't used Frontpage in years..Start with the obvious things and check your machine for Spyware/Malware etc..Then if you have no luck trey do a system restore..Hopefully you have set restore points..? If all else fails you can do a Frontpage repair install..Which basically involves you inserting the OEM MS Office CD with Frontpage on and selecting to do a reapir install..This will repair only the MS Office files and not affect any of your sirte files or FTP files..Try this and let us know what happens..

ssc

Reaction score
Dear Madxgraphics

Many thanks for your reply. My computer has AVG anti virus, and the programme says it is running anti spyware, and everything is currently up to date.

I think this problem came on directly after the programmes were reinstalled following my hard drive being replaced. You will know what a novice I am when I explain I do not know what OEM is, so I did some Googling and what I can say is I bought the computer as a package from Dell with Microsoft Word and the Window XP fully installed. I also purchased my copy of Frontpage 2000 fully licneced in 2000.

Will the fact that the firm who "helps" with my computer has installed a new hard drive affect all of this?

Sorry to be so basic, but I dont come from the computer generation, and in fact sell antiques, so you can probably guess my mindset, though I do try to do my best

Many thanks again
Susan

Ask a Question