Fresh Install of XP and Black Screen...

Ok I went and installed Windows XP Pro. on my parents comp. everything ran
fine no problems while installing and everything. But when everything
finished and the comp restarted and went to start up it would go to the
Windows Loading screen and then it would just hang up on a black screen...now
if i restarted it would as me if i wanted to start up in normal mode or safe
mode and etc..well i tried normal a few times but same thing so i decided to
try safe..and it started up surprisingly..but it took a good 20 mins to start
up. .. so i went back to start up in norm. mode but it would hang up again on
that screen.... can someone tell me wtf is going on cause i tried installing
xp a few times now and im baffled ><

Terry Danmat_UK

Go to www.microsoft.com and click into the Knowledge base. In the search
section, select Windows XP to search and type the keywords

install black screen

Search on this to get 2 or 3 suggestions which should help you to solve
this.
Regards

Terry - Danmat_UK
www.danmat.com
Note:
I do not enter into Email help
regarding any messages left in
Newsgroups.
Any suggestions offered are "to
the best of knowledge" and I will
accept no responsibility for ANY
problems or loss of data/time
resulting from the following of
any advice offered.

suniel02

try this...

first of all i need to know that hav u installed any graphics card,
if yes thn try this..

after installing an OS dnt install the graphics driver from main boad
cd, install the driver of graphics card from the cd which is supplied
with the card, but remember dont install the main board driver after
that, and then restart ur computer, hope u solve it , coz i had a same
problem and i tried this n was succeed.