Fresh ACS:Law file-sharing lists expose

Reaction score
The personal details of a further 8,000 people alleged to have shared music or films illegally have appeared online.
A list of more than 8,000 Sky broadband subscribers and a second of 400 PlusNet users surfaced following a security breach of legal firm ACS:Law.

It comes after a database of more than 5,000 people suspected of downloading adult films emerged on Monday.
The UK's Information Commissioner said ACS:Law could be fined up to half a million pounds for the breaches

More below;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11425789

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
If you want to do the crime, then you must be prepaired to do the time

Reaction score
Bare in mind mate not all people are guilty

ISP's purposely go out of their way to advertise their service as fastest, informing us how fast you can download a movie or music tracks....

So taking that into account who is then responsible

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Bare in mind mate not all people are guilty

ISP's purposely go out of their way to advertise their service as fastest, informing us how fast you can download a movie or music tracks....

So taking that into account who is then responsible

Ok bare this in mind. I am your new ISP, I offer you upto 100mb download for £1.99 per month. Does that now justify or give you the right to download material illegally ?

Reaction score
If I see someone driving a car with no insurance have I commited a crime,
If I see someone get assulted in the street have I commited a crime,
If I know someone has cheated on an exam have I commited a crime,
If I watch a movie on the internet have I commited a crime.

Some people may stream a video they find on the internet not knowing the site does not own the copyright to the file have they commited a crime.

Also the file that has been posted may not have the appropriate file name suggesting copyrighted media...

The arguement could go on and on mate file sharing is never going to cease. they have to prove without a doubt you actually knew what the file was and you had intent to illegally distribute

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Yes the arguement can go on and on, but I don't think all those people on those lists were people that just downloaded one movie. They are serial downloaders.
And sorry to say, but the vast majority of movies for download are through some or other P2P site. And it doesn't take rocket science to figure the vast majority of those files etc are going to be illegal. And sorry, when you go to P2P if you don't know something is going to be illegal/pirate, you are seriously thick ( I don't mean you by the way )

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
EvanDavis said:
Yes the arguement can go on and on, but I don't think all those people on those lists were people that just downloaded one movie. They are serial downloaders.
And sorry to say, but the vast majority of movies for download are through some or other P2P site. And it doesn't take rocket science to figure the vast majority of those files etc are going to be illegal. And sorry, when you go to P2P if you don't know something is going to be illegal/pirate, you are seriously thick ( I don't mean you by the way )

Guess you must mean me then. Oh and all the thousands of people who download GNU/Linux distros via torrents, Oh and the Canadian government and the list goes on and on.

http://ostatic.com/blog/ten-sites-for-free-and-legal-torrents

"Bittorrent downloads are either illegal or DRM-infected, right? Wrong. There are plenty of websites out there that offer free and legal Torrent downloads to save bandwidth and make file sharers happy at the same time.Granted, sites like The Pirate Bay are still the major source for Bittorrent traffic. But legitimate platforms offer enough video goodies to clog your tubes for days. Here are 10 great places to get started:

Legaltorrents.com distributed 90 terabytes of Creative Commons-licensed content in the last seven months alone. The site features lots of music downloads, but also has some good video content like the South African TV show Go Open and the Firefly-Documentary Done The Impossible. All the files are centrally seeded, so your downloads will always have a happy ending."

Some folk used to believe that the world was flat and a few still do. ;)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Guess you must mean me then. Oh and all the thousands of people who download GNU/Linux distros

No I don't. God why do people try defend piracy. Abar you know exactly what I mean. F*ck it give up. Carry on everybody............................................................................
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif

Edit: Apologies from me. I didn't mean to offend anybody with my little rant....:blush:

Last edited: