Bargain FREE TuneUp Utilities 2008

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/07/06/2-free-tuneup-utilities-2008-product-key/

A very useful program.

happywave.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
I taake it its only compatable with XP..? I have just tried installing on Vista and W 7 and get incompatable errors...
wallbash.gif

Found this near the bottom of the page Madx :)

Make sure you run the TuneUp Update Wizard after installation to grab the latest updated files. Do take note that TuneUp Utilities 2008 supports and automatically adapts to Windows 2000, XP and Vista both 32 and 64 bit. Enjoy tweaking and optimizing your Windows computer!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If I had a few quid from every person who had come to me saying 'There's something wrong with my computer after I used this free Tune-up program' I'd be a reasonably well-off fellow :rolleyes:

All I'll say is 'Use at your own risk'

And no, I haven't looked at it, the words 'tune-up software' and 'computer' go together like oil and water in my experience.

But don't let me put you off or anything... :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't use them either, but I can never resist just taking a look ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have used this on my XP pc along with a Ashampoo program.

However I do not use all of the tweaks and stuff. I only use the bits I think are of value. Like the shortcut arrows really anoy me on the desktop, this gets rid of them. A small thing but it keeps me happy. I cann't tell you what else I used from it as I'm wading through Mandy Mud at the moment.

:D

Reaction score
Who's this Mandy Mud then ?

I seem to be drawn to these "free" tune - ups.....as a matter of fact, if it says free i'm just sucked in. I can't help it.

I usuall get a bit of a fright then and uninstall saying "never again" and why did i do that.

Oh well. Last night i downloaded the RC windows 7 and am still debating whether or not its worth the bother. Also, i'm not sure how to do the dual system jobbie. I'll have to read a lot more, i think, but i'm rather busy with me new photography hobby at the moment.

Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Who's this Mandy Mud then ?

I seem to be drawn to these "free" tune - ups.....as a matter of fact, if it says free i'm just sucked in. I can't help it.

Zzzzz

Mandy is short for Mandriva, a Linux Distro....And MAndy mud would probably mean Abarbarian can't get something to work on Mandy...

Most people are drawn in by "free"...Tome "free" normally means you are downloading 3 year old software, that in 6 months time you will have topay a bomb to upgrade to the newest version or un-install...

Windows 7 is brilliant. The dual booting is not that difficult to do. Just have a good read and take your time at it...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm with Floppy on this one ...

You have all the "tune-up" tools in Windows already ...

:wave:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Nice one AB,
Just downloaded and keys are still workin perfectly.
Thanks

What little tweaks did you like best mate. :)

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
What little tweaks did you like best mate. :)

You may not believe it but i got it purely because you recommended it. I too am pi***d of with the little short cut arrows on the on screen icons, although i haven't changed them quite yet. Then it would have to be the TuneUp system optimizer. I want to play with internet surf and download speeds but i'm using the defrag at the moment. Will get back to you on the rest.
Thanks again for the tip.;)

Reaction score
captain zed said:
I too am pi***d of with the little short cut arrows on the on screen icons, although i haven't changed them quite yet..

You can remove the Short cut rrows via REGEDIT rahter than downloading anything. Quite simple to do if you're confident abut using Regedit. But if you are to do it this way, always best to back up Registry....

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip MadX.
I would never have thought to back up first.

Thanks again

Reaction score
Hi AB,
I reckon the defrag util. on this app. isnt too good. It only ran for about 5 mins and said then i didnt need to defrag. After that i tried the auslogics app. It wasdefragging for abot 18 minutes and i have to say it did quite a lot of shifting around of stuff. I think things were a bit quicker after it but couldn't say for sure tbh.4
More soon.

Ask a Question