Frame rates

CSB

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hope all is well for everyone ?. Well first things first, I'm sure some of you have seen videos by Tom who runs the www.oc3d.tv website (hope me listing the url is ok, if not please delete).

Tom has on many occasions used an on screen frame rate display whilst playing some games. I wanted to know what can I use to display the current FPS whilst playing my favourite games so I can see how well this system performs ?.

You can see Tom using the FPS whilst playing Metro in about 6 mins into the video (FPS shown in top left of screen)

Thanks in advance for any help

Rob

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
He's using Fraps in that vid, but you can use Afterburner too. The latter has GPU temp etc on screen also.

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks V_R. Wheres a trusted site I could download either from if you know ?

I'm keen to know what Just Cause 2 runs at, the benchmark within the game said about 60fps I think, but want to see the fps whilst I'm playing it.

I've been playing Batman Arkham Asylum too. on max and it does do the odd hicup where it pauses for a second or 2 whilst the game is loading data or something, I honestly thought it would run at max with fast paced action without any slowdown. CPU is set to 3.7Ghz in BIOS via a setting which ASUS added to the Sabertooth mobo called (i7 Crazy), although I wouldn't call 3.7Ghz crazy overclock. I was wondering could the system be clockingthe cpui back down automatically and causing slowdown at any time ?.

Last edited:

Ask a Question