FP2003 web templates and include pages

Michael Stumpo

I am working with the web template but have an issue with
include pages. When I place an include page inside a web
template, it displays properly inside of FP, but does not
display in the browser on the page the template has been
attached to.

Any ideas?

-M

Tom Pepper Willett

Is the include page exclusive to the web it's in, or are you using an
include page from another web or subweb?

Michael Stumpo

Exclusive to the web it's in. I am currently using shared
borders with the include page (which containts the code
for the pulldown menus I'm using).

I created a DWT file and used Web compnents to place the
include page in it.

-M

chris leeds

using both the shared borders and an include would be needless double duty
(imho).
why not just cut the script for the menu and paste it into the page that the
shared border uses?

Stefan B Rusynko

Eliminate the shared borders and include pages if you are using a DWT
- redesign your DWT to be just tables (w/ the old content from your shared borders and include pages) then remove the shared borders
and includes from all pages and apply the DWT
The new DWT is intended to Replace them, not supplement them

--

| Exclusive to the web it's in. I am currently using shared
| borders with the include page (which containts the code
| for the pulldown menus I'm using).
|
| I created a DWT file and used Web compnents to place the
| include page in it.
|
| -M

Michael Stumpo

Stefan,

Yes, I know that. I do NOT have shared borders in my DWT.
I was simply trying to explain how I was using the shared
borders and how I am using the DWT.

My question remains. Why is the include page not showing
up in my browser from the DWT.

-M

Eliminate the shared borders and include pages if you are using a DWT
- redesign your DWT to be just tables (w/ the old
content from your shared borders and include pages) then
remove the shared borders
and includes from all pages and apply the DWT
The new DWT is intended to Replace them, not supplement them

"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (- ;

"Michael Stumpo" <[email protected]>
wrote in message [email protected]...

Michael Stumpo

That's the way the menu developer suggest it be used.
Also, I prefer to edit the include page without having to
open the _top border page every time.

-M

chris leeds

if it's a JavaScript menu and there is something important in the head
section not getting picked up maybe?

.