Forwarding and replying icons don't work!

G

Hello--
I think I'm going crazy! All the sudden, when I reply to an email or forward an email, my little envelope icon doesn't change! There are no more pretty purple or blue arrows! I don't know which emails I've responded and which I haven't. I have checked every setting I can find...rebooted, etc. Anyone ever have anything like this happen to them before?

Oh, yeah...and now when I send email, I ALWAYS get a copy of it in my inbox...???

feeling a bit insane tonight...
k

G

Hi, Matthew--
I am running Outlook 2002. I am not connect to an Exchange server...

Does that help?
Thanks in advance,
k

G

I would suggest first making a new profile and see if that helps. Have it use a brand new .pst file and everything. Close Outlook and Go through Control Panel-->Mail icon to do this. Create the new profile, and then set it as your default profile, and see if it works any different. If it works, then you can open the old .pst in your new Outlook profile and move mail around as needed.

G

Hi, Matthew--
Thanks for the thought. I tried that but the new profile did the same thing. I'm thinking about reinstalling Outlook...but have to find the CD first. I know it's around here somewhere. If I do that, is there a way to protect my personal files...or will they just stay where they are and be available when I finish?

Any other ideas while I'm looking for the CD?

Thanks again,
k

W

Willy

I have a simailr problem but can also not create new messages (Outlook
2000). Furthermore I can also not create any new office document.
Reinstalling Office XP does not work.....

I am now using Outlook Express 6 which works well...

kmhagan said:
Hi, Matthew--
Thanks for the thought. I tried that but the new profile did the same
thing. I'm thinking about reinstalling Outlook...but have to find the CD
first. I know it's around here somewhere. If I do that, is there a way to
protect my personal files...or will they just stay where they are and be
available when I finish?
Any other ideas while I'm looking for the CD?

Thanks again,
k
it use a brand new .pst file and everything. Close Outlook and Go through
Control Panel-->Mail icon to do this. Create the new profile, and then set
it as your default profile, and see if it works any different. If it works,
then you can open the old .pst in your new Outlook profile and move mail
around as needed.or forward an email, my little envelope icon doesn't change! There are no
more pretty purple or blue arrows! I don't know which emails I've responded
and which I haven't. I have checked every setting I can find...rebooted,
etc. Anyone ever have anything like this happen to them before?

G

If you make a copy of your .pst file, then you will be extra safe. If you re-install Outlook, it will use the old profiles that you have, so the same emails will be there.

I agree that re-installing is your best bet now. It may be worth removing Office and then re-installing.

Ask a Question