For office assistant, do a Setup in maintenance mode. How?

When booting FrontPage 2003 a message appears saying that there is no office
assistant and I should run a Setup in the maintenance mode. Where do I go for
this?

Thomas A. Rowe

Either under FP Help or Control Panel | Add/Remove programs.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

I've been trying to kill that stupid mutt for years :)

| Either under FP Help or Control Panel | Add/Remove programs.
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | > When booting FrontPage 2003 a message appears saying that there is no office
| > assistant and I should run a Setup in the maintenance mode. Where do I go for
| > this?

Tom Pepper Willett

Have you read the helpfiles?

--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
wrote in message I've been trying to kill that stupid mutt for years :)

| Either under FP Help or Control Panel | Add/Remove programs.
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | > When booting FrontPage 2003 a message appears saying that there is no
office
| > assistant and I should run a Setup in the maintenance mode. Where do I
go for
| > this?

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Yah..every time I shoot him, he scrams for a few months and come back...rascally little pest.
Not an issue though just a comment.

| Have you read the helpfiles?
|
| --
| ===
| Tom "Pepper" Willett
| Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| ---
| About FrontPage 2003:
| http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
| FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
| http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
| Understanding FrontPage:
| http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
| ===
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | I've been trying to kill that stupid mutt for years :)
|

| | | Either under FP Help or Control Panel | Add/Remove programs.
| |
| | --
| | ==============================================
| | Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| | WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| |
| | FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| | ==============================================
| | To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| |
| office
| | > assistant and I should run a Setup in the maintenance mode. Where do I
| go for
| | > this?
| |
| |

This doesn't really make sense... to me.

I have gone into FP Help and Control Panel as suggested below and I cannot
find where there is a maintenance mode option nor a setup. I reinstalled the
whole CD too and am still getting the annoying little non-helpful error
message:

there is no office assistant and I should run a Setup in the maintenance
mode.
Thanks

Stefan B Rusynko

Start Control Panel Add Remove Programs
Find FP and select Change

--

| This doesn't really make sense... to me.
|
| I have gone into FP Help and Control Panel as suggested below and I cannot
| find where there is a maintenance mode option nor a setup. I reinstalled the
| whole CD too and am still getting the annoying little non-helpful error
| message:
|
| there is no office assistant and I should run a Setup in the maintenance
| mode.
| Thanks
|
| "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
|
| > Either under FP Help or Control Panel | Add/Remove programs.
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > ==============================================
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

| > > assistant and I should run a Setup in the maintenance mode. Where do I go for
| > > this?

It was helpful to know to run this from Control Panel. The frustrating thing
to me was that I did run the setup again (twice actually), both times being
sure that all the office assistant files were added and the "little guy"
still wasn't showing. I ended up installing almost all of the Front Page
options through Control Panel and then doing a restart. That seemed to do it
(go figure!)