Following a Windows clean install..?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
This is (for the moment) a hypothetical question, but I like to "be prepared" so thought I'd ask it anyway ;)

It concerns Guild Wars... which I don't think many here play, but hopefully, Mucks (who does,) or one of you other game gurus might spot it, and be able to point my nose in the right direction. :)

If I needed to perform a clean install of Windows (Vista,) can anyone tell me what - if anything - I would need to do to "save" Guild Wars please?

I am presuming that on a clean system, I would need to reinstall one of the GW campaigns, (such as Nightfall) then, if I enter my log-in details, would everything automatically resume from where I'd left off?

I've got a total of 18 characters and would feel a bit miffed about "losing" them if anything went wrong with the PC, so will appreciate any advice. Thank you muchly for reading. :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Copy your save games. I dont know about guild wars but some games have the saves stored online some dont. So whene you login it 'syncs' you with the game.

Back it up incase. :)

Makes sense? :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's an online game, there are no "saved" data to worry about in this case. :)

I am presuming that on a clean system, I would need to reinstall one of the GW campaigns
Nope/maybe ... it can be quicker to just download the latest installer, which will install all relevant "stuff" needed ... your log-on details will do the rest.

http://www.guildwars.com/support/downloadclient/default.php

... the bit on the bottom. ;)

18 chars ... bloody hell :eek:

GW2 2011 ;)

:wave:

I play Eve these days :nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies V_R and Mucks :thumb: I tried Googling for the answers, but got a bit conflicted. Some people talked about backing-up the .dat files, others said it wasn't necessary... :rolleyes: Doesn't take a lot to confuse me ;)

muckshifter said:
18 chars ... bloody hell :eek:

Yup... they just keep multiplying :D

Ask a Question