Folders are missing now in W7...

Paul H

I upgraded my wife's laptop from Vista to W7. Good move - it runs so fast
I'd think it's a different laptop. And when I started windows live mail, it
imported all of her contacts and emails. But where did her folders go?
TIA, Paul

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Have you tried a manual folder import? See
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3798-windows-live-mail-import-windows-mail-messages.html

I don't know where the OS upgrade puts the original Windows Mail folders.
Do you have a Windows.old folder in the root of the C: drive?
I would have done a message export first, just to be on the safe side.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Paul H" wrote in message
I upgraded my wife's laptop from Vista to W7. Good move - it runs so fast
I'd think it's a different laptop. And when I started windows live mail, it
imported all of her contacts and emails. But where did her folders go?
TIA, Paul

Steve Cochran

Search for *.eml and you should be able to find the older message store (hidden), unless WLM wipes it out.

steve

edward butler lynn butler