Flipping BOINC? Flippng I said.

Reaction score
Here we go> on XP> BOINC 5.10.30 runs fine but; it doesn’t show up in task manager after running approximately 20 Mins but it is still crunching the icon freezes in the tray you may ask how I know it is still crunching easy the CPU temp remains the same and it shows in Processes, so I have to reinstall then repair> it then works fine again for approximately 20 Mins? Now why I repair is simple I have to update/exit or whatever. I have checked everything, nothing been installed no new hardware nothing?:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's got me stumped :eek: I know there's not much use in me posting this, but didn't want you to think this was being ignored ;)

I'll have a hunt around on google and see if I can find any similar problems :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Viv - I'm afraid I can't help in any way at all - I have 5.10.30 installed on all my XP machines and have never had a problem, and certainly not one like yours.

I would imagine in must be specific to your machine and a clash somewhere perhaps with some software, but its just a stab in the dark :(

Maybe try the latest beta version 5.10.39 or roll back to one of the older versions that worked for you in the past available HERE.

Ask a Question