need your help with this one?

Reaction score
Problem?BOINC 5.10.22_ OK the trouble is it freezes in the TRAY> cant open it exit it nothing> but it is still running???? > to update work units I have to > programmes and open another meaning there are two icons in the tray> then do what I have to? then after a while that one freezes in the TRAY> with me so far :confused: now have reinstalled/ repaired it and it is still frozen in the tray have looked for the same problem on wcg site for a patch but nothing.
I am sure one of you can solve this:nod:

Reaction score
I have installed BOINC 5.10.30_And it seems to be ok:user: Will let you know....

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
5.10.22 has some bugs, it used to freeze on me at times too - remove it completely (including the Boinc folder in Program Files and any references to 'Space Sciences Laboratory' under software in your registry entries) then download the latest WCG recomended version 5.10.30 from the WCG site and that should sort it.

Edit: Looks like you beat me to it :D

Reaction score
No I installed over the 5.10.22_:rolleyes: will take it out altogether and start again when it has finished the last unit about an hour:bow:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Don't do that now you've loaded over the top - see how it goes first.

The only reason I wanted you to do that was just to give you a completely clean install in case there were any other gremlins lurking.

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Don't do that now you've loaded over the top - see how it goes first.

The only reason I wanted you to do that was just to give you a completely clean install in case there were any other gremlins lurking.

It froze so I have taken it out all together downloaded 5.10.30 again shall I install????

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
OK - do a completely clean install as I suggested above and see what happens - if it does it again then the problem lies elsewhere.

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
OK - do a completely clean install as I suggested above and see what happens - if it does it again then the problem lies elsewhere.

I googled and found a few people have problems with both I will see what happens:)

Ask a Question