Flash Videos!!

ebray

Can anybody answer a question for me? I have been using my realplaye
download manager to download mp3s and flash videos. I have xp servic
pack 3 explorer 8. I also have nero 7 ultimate edition--so here I am
I cannot use the flash videos to make dvds with nero --they won'
transfer over. Is my nero just not up to date enough to use flas
video- or is there a way to change flash video so it can be used ?
know this gets to a tech's funny bone but I need to know oh s
bad!!!!!! If I can download something and not use it for persona
reasons --nothing else--just my own use and enjoyment -I get sort
frustrate. Are flash videos meant to drive us crazy?

Bennett Marco

ebray said:
Can anybody answer a question for me? I have been using my realplayer
download manager to download mp3s and flash videos. I have xp service
pack 3 explorer 8. I also have nero 7 ultimate edition--so here I am .
I cannot use the flash videos to make dvds with nero --they won't
transfer over.

What does "won't transfer over" mean???
Is my nero just not up to date enough to use flash
video- or is there a way to change flash video so it can be used ?

What part of Nero 7 are you using to "transfer over"? When you are
done doing a "transfer over", what do you want to do with that DVD?

Shenan Stanley

ebray said:
Can anybody answer a question for me? I have been using my
realplayer download manager to download mp3s and flash videos. I
have xp service pack 3 explorer 8. I also have nero 7 ultimate
edition--so here I am . I cannot use the flash videos to make dvds
with nero --they won't transfer over. Is my nero just not up to
date enough to use flash video- or is there a way to change flash
video so it can be used ? I know this gets to a tech's funny bone
but I need to know oh so bad!!!!!! If I can download something and
not use it for personal reasons --nothing else--just my own use and
enjoyment -I get sorta frustrate. Are flash videos meant to drive
us crazy??

Flash embedded videos are meant to be streamed over the Internet. That's
it - nothing more - nothing less.

If you want to convert them to some other format - use google to find a tool
you can utilize. (Or www.videohelp.com)

ebray

Bennett said:
ebray (e-mail address removed) wrote:
-

[...]

when I try to add video to a project using nero vision and add a flas
video file , it says that format cannot be used for this purpose.
like to make dvds of videos and edit them for my own use, just fo
entertainment. I now can use wmv,mpeg,and avi files but not flash
Thanks

Bennett Marco

ebray said:
when I try to add video to a project using nero vision and add a flash
video file , it says that format cannot be used for this purpose. I
like to make dvds of videos and edit them for my own use, just for
entertainment. I now can use wmv,mpeg,and avi files but not flash.
Thanks.

You are apparently trying to get your version of Nero Vision to do
something it just will not do. I have Nero 8, which includes Nero
Vision 5, and it will handle flash (.flv) files.

Bennett Marco

Shenan Stanley said:
Flash embedded videos are meant to be streamed over the Internet. That's
it - nothing more - nothing less.

You are definitely behind the times. I can download virtually ANY
flash video file that I am watching, and then play it from my hard
drive, convert it to a different format, OR make a video DVD with it
using Nero 8's Nero Vision.

Bill in Co.

Bennett said:
You are definitely behind the times. I can download virtually ANY
flash video file that I am watching, and then play it from my hard
drive, convert it to a different format, OR make a video DVD with it
using Nero 8's Nero Vision.

Perhaps his version of Nero won't do that, in which case he'd probably find
useful a basic flash player (to play the flash video directly if he wants),
and then some video file converter software as Shenan mentioned to convert
..FLV to .MPG (or whatever) for his DVD burning program. A two-step
process. (The older software can't open .FLV files, as it's not aware of
its format).

Shenan Stanley

Bennett said:
You are definitely behind the times. I can download virtually ANY
flash video file that I am watching, and then play it from my hard
drive, convert it to a different format, OR make a video DVD with it
using Nero 8's Nero Vision.

Read what I said precisely.

I said you could do that (the videohelp.com site gives you everything you
would need to know) - but flash embedded videos are not MEANT for that. I
doubt videophiles would tell anyone recording videos for purposes other than
internet streaming would recommend embedding your video into flash files.

ebray

Bennett Marco wrote:-
You are definitely behind the times. I can download virtually ANY
flash video file that I am watching, and then play it from my hard
drive, convert it to a different format, OR make a video DVD with it
using Nero 8's Nero Vision.-

Read what I said precisely.

I said you could do that (the videohelp.com site gives you everything
you
would need to know) - but flash embedded videos are not MEANT for that.
doubt videophiles would tell anyone recording videos for purposes other
than
internet streaming would recommend embedding your video into flash
files.

Thanks for so many answers--but I am no better off now than before.
While you talk among yourselves and will not dummy it down to someone
who is " so behind the times" I did not get a simple answer to any of
my simple questions--I asked for help with understanding several
different things, and as it turns out, once again it results in you
guys having a discussion about who knows more about every thing , and
not helping an honest to god less educated person who is trying to
learn ----that's all. Not every one is computer literate and it would
be nice to not be made to feel stupid for asking questions--I thought
the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Bennett Marco

Thanks for so many answers--but I am no better off now than before.
While you talk among yourselves and will not dummy it down to someone
who is " so behind the times" I did not get a simple answer to any of
my simple questions--I asked for help with understanding several
different things, and as it turns out, once again it results in you
guys having a discussion about who knows more about every thing , and
not helping an honest to god less educated person who is trying to
learn ----that's all. Not every one is computer literate and it would
be nice to not be made to feel stupid for asking questions--I thought
the only stupid question is the one not asked.

I clearly stated that YOU APPARENTLY HAVE A VERSION OF NERO VISION
THAT WON'T DO WHAT YOU WANT IT TO DO.

I am using Nero 8, and it works.

Shenan Stanley

<snipped>
Want to read the entire conversation, archived indefinitely?
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...nd_support/browse_frm/thread/e006634b56edfc3/

Thanks for so many answers--but I am no better off now than before.
While you talk among yourselves and will not dummy it down to
someone who is " so behind the times" I did not get a simple answer
to any of my simple questions--I asked for help with understanding
several different things, and as it turns out, once again it
results in you guys having a discussion about who knows more about
every thing , and not helping an honest to god less educated person
who is trying to learn ----that's all. Not every one is computer
literate and it would be nice to not be made to feel stupid for
asking questions--I thought the only stupid question is the one not
asked.

I haven't seen anyone talking down to you. Everyone here offered some
assistance - just because we go off on some tangent should not affect the
fact you received answers valid/pertinent to the information you gave and
query you put forth.

Newsgroups work just like any other conversation amongst multiple people.

Imagine sitting in a restaurant with several of your friends - all talking.
One person starts a conversation and many topics - some related, some
unrelated - will stem from the original start as the time passes. Things in
life just work like that. Newsgroups are no different. For example - I
learned something from this conversation (thanks to Bennett Marco) - Nero 8
supposedly does what Nero 7 cannot and convert directly from FLV to some DVD
or VCD format.

No one discussed who knew more, it was just discussed what was meant by
certain statements and opinions - which strangely differ between each
individual. ;-)

You have been told that your older version of Nero may not do what you want
and that just one-version newer (not the newest, although it might do it
too) will seemingly do what you want.

You have been given a link that is specifically for getting help with the
type of thing you are looking to do: http://www.videohelp.com/
and told you would likely need to convert your FLV file format (perhaps
getting assistance and even program suggestions from the aforementioned
site) to something you could use to play from a DVD.

The "so behind the times" comment was in reference to me from Bennett Marco.
I took no offense to it - so why you should is beyond me. ;-)

Yeah - the only stupid question *is* the one not asked - but it doesn't help
any if you ignore the answers given to you and focus on something else
either.

Check out Nero 8.
Check out http://www.videohelp.com/.

Either upgrading your Nero or using some mixture of free applications
recommended from videohelp.com may get you waht you need. However - this is
a group originally founded to assist people with troubles surrounding the
"Help and Support" functionality of "Windows XP" - and was just mistaken for
general help and support for Windows XP at some point in the past.

No matter - your query really doesn't have much to do with Windows XP - and
you now know where you might get better (more directed) assistance with your
problem. ;-) I cannot see what more you would expect.

Bill in Co.

ebray said:
Thanks for so many answers--but I am no better off now than before.
While you talk among yourselves and will not dummy it down to someone
who is " so behind the times" I did not get a simple answer to any of
my simple questions--I asked for help with understanding several
different things, and as it turns out, once again it results in you
guys having a discussion about who knows more about every thing , and
not helping an honest to god less educated person who is trying to
learn ----that's all. Not every one is computer literate and it would
be nice to not be made to feel stupid for asking questions--I thought
the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Actually, your question WAS answered. But whether you choose to see and
understand it is up to you.

ebray

Bill said:
ebray wrote:-

Bennett Marco wrote:-
You are definitely behind the times. I can download virtually ANY
flash video file that I am watching, and then play it from my hard
drive, convert it to a different format, OR make a video DVD with it
using Nero 8's Nero Vision.-

Read what I said precisely.

I said you could do that (the videohelp.com site gives you everything
you
would need to know) - but flash embedded videos are not MEANT fo
that.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thanks for so many answers--but I am no better off now than before.
While you talk among yourselves and will not dummy it down to someone
who is " so behind the times" I did not get a simple answer to any of
my simple questions--I asked for help with understanding several
different things, and as it turns out, once again it results in you
guys having a discussion about who knows more about every thing , and
not helping an honest to god less educated person who is trying to
learn ----that's all. Not every one is computer literate and i
would
be nice to not be made to feel stupid for asking questions--I thought
the only stupid question is the one not asked.-

Actually, your question WAS answered. But whether you choose to se
and
understand it is up to you.

My apologies to everyone who tried to help me. No excuse here for m
frustration. I guess at 65 I should try harder. Thank all of you