Windows XP Firetune - Optimise your Firefox browser!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Firefox is becoming really popular and many think it is the best browser to use, the best just got better! With Firetune you could make it run even faster.

FireTune for Mozilla Firefox v1.x was developed for an easy and fast optimization of your browsing experience with Firefox. It is based on a collection of optimization settings collected and tested by Tweakfactor. Usually you have to optimize Firefox manually, which can be time consuming and difficult for the novice user. FireTune helps you here - it includes all the performance optimizations. The only thing you must do is: make your selection. FireTune does the work for you.

Firetune

How to tell whether Firefox is faster after optimizing it

There's a simple way to tell whether Firefox works faster after optimizing it with FireTune. Just follow these instructions:

• Clear the cache of Firefox from the Firefox settings dialog - this is very important!
  • Before you optimize Firefox, navigate to http://www.numion.com/stopwatch/ and do a speed test on http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
  • The time needed to load the site completely will be displayed to you in the browser window.Write down the time
  • Clear the cache of Firefox from the Firefox settings dialog again - this is very important!
  • Now, close Firefox, and optimize it with FireTune
  • Start Firefox again, and repeat the speed test on http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
  • Compare the displayed result with the result from the test before the optimization
Here is a screenshot of the Program Interface

Attachments

• firetune.jpg
    firetune.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 344
Reaction score
Niiice.

Thank you for that - el browserino is superfast now.

(but i'm really only posting this because I liked your name ;-p)

Reaction score
Just done it ... seen some improvement ... didn't test coz i don't know ow to do the cache but seems to have worked ... :)

Thanx dude lol :)

Reaction score
Belloni said:
Just done it ... seen some improvement ... didn't test coz i don't know ow to do the cache but seems to have worked ... :)

Thanx dude lol :)

If you have your browser open go to Tools/Options.../Privacy/then Cache is the last option, hit Clear

;)

Av

Reaction score
Oo Nice one pal !!! lol

Searches google.co.uk in 0.746 :) That good ?! lmao

Went from over 1 sec so nice one Quad too :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I am glad to know so many of you found it useful and thanks for the feedback, it shows the program really is tweaking the configuration. :) I posted it after i tested it and could not believe it makes so much difference, now I do believe it really is a very well written small program to be considered mandatory for all users of Firefox.

Reaction score
Belloni said:
Oo Nice one pal !!! lol

Searches google.co.uk in 0.746 :) That good ?! lmao

Went from over 1 sec so nice one Quad too :)

I just noticed you tested with google, I just tested on Google and ran a .235!!!

Av

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Avalanche said:
I just noticed you tested with google, I just tested on Google and ran a .235!!!

Av

Avalanche, trying to achieve WARP SPEED, eh? :D

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

Obviously my pc is pretty slow compared to everyone elses. Also I did it four times and took the mean average aswell.
Originally ran an average of 8.9295 and after running Firetune I managed to get this down to an average of 5.41, which although still slower than everyone elses is still a great improvement.
Nice one :thumb:

Reaction score
something wierd is happening. i tuned firefox when i first found this thread which was sometime earlier this year. after i tuned it i think it was runnin .8 ... its runnin 2.3 now anyways, my admin hate me now so i cant dload anything from the net. lol "High Security Risk" ... cant update firetune, cant dload any little program i see that i want or anything ... p***ing me off. sorry o bore you with my off topic post but im just really p***ed off :mad: :mad: :mad:

Reaction score
google how to performance tune FF.
if you type

about:config

in the URL bar you have access to FF's goodies.

Ask a Question