fire fox stops working

Reaction score
my 18.1 version wit vista and ie7 sends an error Pop up Firefox stopped working we will try to solve the problem then I reopen it and its OK for a couple days ,I tried to reset fire fox, I tried to reinstall fire fox , I still get the message what else would you recommend??

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Been getting the same for the last week or so.If you are running a 64bit system then install Waterfox. It's much better than Firefox

Reaction score
Been getting the same for the last week or so.If you are running a 64bit system then install Waterfox. It's much better than Firefox

I have a dell 531 inspron pc with 32bit

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
my 18.1 version wit vista and ie7 sends an error Pop up Firefox stopped working we will try to solve the problem then I reopen it and its OK for a couple days ,I tried to reset fire fox, I tried to reinstall fire fox , I still get the message what else would you recommend??
It could be an addon thats crashing it, or maybe flash player? Is everything up to date?

Tried FF safe mode? - http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

Or...

Try starting a new profile.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

Reaction score
Ive been having this problem for months since I moved over to Windows 7 x64 no issues at all using XP x64

At first I thought it was my GFX card (may still be) however disabling the Hardware acceleration option in advanced prefs helps with things

tools/options/advanced/ - browsing

It has become very. very unstable at present to the point i've stopped using it
Constantly crashing and resetting

Sending Mozilla emails and reports does not seem to make a difference
they seem to look after their own interests at first before the users

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I dont have any issues with FF on Win 7 64 bit.

Ask a Question