find the computer name with IP address

Lillian

I have user when he login to the system, but got IP
conflicit, someone stole his IP address, so is anyway I
can find out use nbtstat command, try to find the
computer name of IP address:
if I ping Janderson, it reply back with 206.117.117.232,
now if I know the IP address 206.117.117.232, how can
find out this IP address is for Janderson.

thanks.

Lillian

Marc Reynolds [MSFT]

You probably need to check your router and switch logs to find the computer
using this address. You can ping the IP address and check your arp table to
find the mac address that responds.

Marc Reynolds
Microsoft Technical Support

dcdon

Hi Lillian,

Try using this
http://192.168.100.1/signal.html
See if you have a MAC address shown
--

good computing,
don

"Lillian" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
How can I find out my own IP address of Mac
address? what
command I need?

Lillian