Find out when IP address was changed with Hosting Company

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been hosting with a company and decieded to change over to another company. I have been paying the other company but I beileve that they only recenlty changed the ip address that the server was pointing to. Can I find a log anywhere to see when each time the ip address was switched?

Reaction score
Hi Avey welcome to PCR I am sure one of our techies will answer your problem shortly. Unfortunately I am one of the members who like you asks questions as I am not a techie just a user. Once welcome to PCR.:thumb:

Reaction score
Hi Avey welcome to PCR I am sure one of our techies will answer your problem shortly. Unfortunately I am one of the members who like you asks questions as I am not a techie just a user. Once welcome to PCR.:thumb:

Thank you. I appreciate your response:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Avey, welcome to PCR :).

There's no central log of IP address changes, although you may be able to find 3rd party logs if the site was very popular (using tools from somewhere like http://research.domaintools.com/).

Who owns the domain name? Normally if you change hosting companies, you'll need to either update the nameserver details (which the domain owner needs to do), or the IP address that the nameservers point to (which can be done by whoever has access to the nameservers).

Reaction score
Hi Avey, welcome to PCR :).

There's no central log of IP address changes, although you may be able to find 3rd party logs if the site was very popular (using tools from somewhere like http://research.domaintools.com/).

Who owns the domain name? Normally if you change hosting companies, you'll need to either update the nameserver details (which the domain owner needs to do), or the IP address that the nameservers point to (which can be done by whoever has access to the nameservers).

Thank you so much.

Ask a Question