Windows XP Files are constantly getting corrupted!

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
On the hard disk I brought back from Malaysia, after just 2 months I have run into problems. Files are constantly getting corrupted because when I run "Disk Defrag" and "Disk Cleaner" both from Auslogics, I get this error message:
f_CorruptFilem_9a6eb16.png

Having ran ChkDsk, I run the Disk Cleaner scan again and it's a different file corrupted!!!! The one before Crysis game files was Quicktime installation.
What can I do?! Happens every damn time!
wallbash.gif

If I try and get to the directory in explorer.exe I get this:
f_CorruptDirem_ca24b74.png

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Can you open Crysis?

It might be the programs you are using that are no good, whats wrong with using the defrag disk on XP???

Have you ran check disk?? did it find anything??

I feel for you mate, it seems that you are only able to go a day without issues.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Can you open Crysis?

It might be the programs you are using that are no good, whats wrong with using the defrag disk on XP???

Have you ran check disk?? did it find anything??

I feel for you mate, it seems that you are only able to go a day without issues.
After CHKDSK again, I can run Crysis Editor, but I havn't tried full game. No more files are corrupted so far.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
When you ran Chkdsk, did it find any bad sectors?

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
No I don't think so. Just fixed and recovered the corrupted files. I'm now running a thorough virus scan.

Ask a Question