File name too long

I am getting error messages in Word about not very long file names being too
long both when saving to Word 2007 docx format and backwards to Word 2003.
What is the problem.

Jezebel

Length includes the entire path. There's a limit you can hit if your file is
way down a long sequence of sub-folders.

"Enough with 2007 Already" <Enough with 2007
news:[email protected]...