File extensions

G

I have downloaded movie maker 2 and now I cannot export a movie project to my mini DV nor can I capture video or audio from my camera. I notice that now with mmaker the file extension is .mswmm as opposed to .avi which mmaker created. What can I do? Thanks

C

Cari MS-MVP

The MSWMM file is the project. You need to save the final project as a WMP
or AVI file.

Cari
www.coribright.com

bozo said:
I have downloaded movie maker 2 and now I cannot export a movie project to
my mini DV nor can I capture video or audio from my camera. I notice that
now with mmaker the file extension is .mswmm as opposed to .avi which mmaker
created. What can I do? Thanks

G

Cari,

How do I do that? The only extension choice the program gives me is the mswmm extension. The program also is not recognizing the .avi file extension from my mini DV camcorder.

Thank you,

Bozo

----- Cari MS-MVP wrote: -----

The MSWMM file is the project. You need to save the final project as a WMP
or AVI file.

Cari
www.coribright.com

bozo said:
I have downloaded movie maker 2 and now I cannot export a movie project to
my mini DV nor can I capture video or audio from my camera. I notice that
now with mmaker the file extension is .mswmm as opposed to .avi which mmaker
created. What can I do? Thanks

C

Cari MS-MVP

Once you've edited the program after dragging it to the timeline, on the
left hand side there should be a frame with the options listed..... use the
Save to My Computer..... and click on Other Options.... Save as DV-AVI
should be there as a drop down item.

Cari
www.coribright.com

G

Cari,

I can save the project as an .avi file as you suggested. Now after I save it I get a message ".avi is not a valid windows movie maker project file. To import a picture, audio, or video file to use in your project, on the file menu, select iimport into collections. Then if I try to import the project saved as an .avi file I get the message, ".avi could not be imported. The selected file is not valid or is corrupted." I also get this message when I attempt to download the selected file into my camera, although the only file I can attempt to send to the DV camera from MM is an .mswmm file because the only files I can get into the the MM program. I know the file is not corrupted because I also have Adobe Premire Pro for my bigger project and I have no problem at all with .avi files. The only problem I have trying to import a .mswmm file is that Adobe does not have an importer for the .mswmm file extension. I suppose I can do all my work in Adobe but the MM is much easier to work with on small projects. In other words the MM program will not work with .avi files but it says it does. Help.

Thanks,

Bozo

----- Cari MS-MVP wrote: -----

Once you've edited the program after dragging it to the timeline, on the
left hand side there should be a frame with the options listed..... use the
Save to My Computer..... and click on Other Options.... Save as DV-AVI
should be there as a drop down item.

Cari
www.coribright.com

Ask a Question