Feckit needs some help

Reaction score
OK, my big Sister needs help, she lives in deepest rural Devon and due to bad weather cant get any pictures on her TV.
Can she watch BBC1 or 2, ITV or CH4 via the net?

If so how can she do it?
Cheers in advance guy's & gels:D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

TV withdrawal ... missing Soaps, must get quick fix ... please help.

Sorry Feckit, that just cracked me up ... :D

I, err, don't know the answer, I don't have TV and I have never really bothered to find it on the net. ;)

Reaction score
Well did think it may be an impossible request to find British "Live" TV on the net but worth a go. Seems my sisters picture is effected by bad weather. Seems she may have to try a digi box or something else.

Er:blush: an update, seems she wants to watch "Corrie"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some shows are not repeated on t'internet mate. I know Desperate Housewives and The Apprentice are, dont know how many are though. She could always get a freeview box, think some of them work to boost signal as well as make it digital?!! Maybe, lol.

Or, you could be a nice brother and tape everything and post it to her.

Reaction score
Bad Weather?

The only bad weather around tonight is Fog, didn't know Fog messes up TV's...

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
You can get a USB dongle to plug in that gives you all the freeview channels (which will get you the corrie omnibus). The device still needs an aerial plugged into it, and of course you need to be in an area that receives a digital signal, but the good thing is that they do improve reception apparently.
They sell for around about the £35 mark.

Covenant

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Only answer is a good aerial, I'm afraid, or cable.

Not worth sticking with analogue signals, best bet is to get a freeview box or computer freeview TV card or dongle tuner, as mentioned above.

Couple that with a good aerial and should be ok.

Or, if she doesn't have freeview (digital) viewing capability at the moment, existing aerial may be ok with new digital box.

You can pick up a freeview box for about thirty quid if you shop around though a more common price is £50.00.

Reaction score
I think the problem is she's renting and also being in a valley she does not get a good picture. Sis may have to get the landlord to put up an outside aerial to sought this out. Never knew she was a "corrie" fan though!

Thanks for all your postings on this:thumb:

Reaction score
cImrie said:
Bad Weather?

The only bad weather around tonight is Fog, didn't know Fog messes up TV's...

It does if your driving a car at the time:D

Ask a Question