Fax wizard not sending fax

G

I am having trouble sending a fax. No matter where I try to fax from scanner or paperport program or windows, I get the fax wizard window, I can enter a name,number,cover sheet, yet it will not let me put a file or attachment in, if there is a file already there from the scanner it takes me through all the steps but when I get to the end where it says clic finish to send your fax it never does. Nothing the window is gone and no phone dialing. i had used this many times before, but have not been able to fax since January!!! Please help I don't want to have to buy a fax machine, I have enough on my desk.
I have tried to reinstall the windows add on, reinstalled my fax/modem driver, followed all the enable and config instructions.

R

roger

Hi TerriT,

I am having trouble sending a fax. No matter where I try to fax from scanner or paperport program or windows, I get the fax wizard window, I can enter a name,number,cover sheet, yet it will not let me put a file or attachment in, if there is a file already there from the scanner it takes me through all the steps but when I get to the end where it says clic finish to send your fax it never does. Nothing the window is gone and no phone dialing. i had used this many times before, but have not been able to fax since January!!! Please help I don't want to have to buy a fax machine, I have enough on my desk.
I have tried to reinstall the windows add on, reinstalled my fax/modem driver, followed all the enable and config instructions.

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Common Fax Problems in Microsoft Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321639

Good luck

Ask a Question