fax queue won't connect

D Tipton

I need help with a client who is running win2000 Professional on a laptop.
I have got the Fax service set up but when he sends a fax job, it does not
get sent.
The Fax Queue shows "connecting" then "not connected" and the fax jobs do
not show in the fax queue. If he then reboots, the fax queue connects and
the faxes show in the fax queue and start to send. The reboot seems to
trigger the fax queue to connect.
I have tried with the fax service set to MANUAL and AUTOMATIC with no
change. Am I missing something in the setup?
I have a desktop PC with what I believe are the same settings and it sends
immediately.
Any help is welcome. Thks.

D Tipton

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Check the Device Manager for any ghosted modems - sounds like there is more than one
modem installed in DM.

Hope this helps,
Gary
'--'From: "D Tipton" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: fax queue won't connect
'--'Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:35:42 -0500
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax
'--'
[...]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.