fax list

bill chapman

I am trying to use outlook to maintain a broadcast fax
list. I created a spreadsheet in excel with the customer
name and fax number. I can see the contacts with all the
information in outlook. When I go to Microsoft word to
create a document and fax, I use the fax wizard. I then
click on address book and try to select the folder which
the customer info is in. The folder is there, but when I
click on it, there is no info within the folder.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bill Chapman

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You posted no information that would permit an answer.
Need to know Outlook version, fax software, and why you're using an Excel
spreadsheet instead of Outlook. I thought you said you wanted to use Outlook
to maintain your fax list.

Bill Chapman

I am using outlook 2003, the fax software is the "fax
wizard" that came with Windows XP, and I am using Excel
because I had the information already in a spreadsheet
and did not want to retype the information - I basically
wanted to import the information in -

Thanks for the reply - and I will try in the future to be
more specific.

Thanks,

Bill Chapman

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
I am trying to use outlook to maintain a broadcast fax
list. I created a spreadsheet in excel with the customer
name and fax number. I can see the contacts with all the
information in outlook. When I go to Microsoft word to
create a document and fax, I use the fax wizard. I then
click on address book and try to select the folder which
the customer info is in. The folder is there, but when I
click on it, there is no info within the folder.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bill Chapman

.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

This should be easy then. All you need to do is import your spreadsheet into
your Outlook Contacts Folder. They will then appear automatically in your
Outlook Address Book which is what Windows XP Fax uses by default.
Just follow the directions here for importing a spreadsheet into Outlook:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196743&Product=out

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Bill Chapman said:
[...]

Thanks for the quick reply - I did all of this already -
When I go into outlook - all of the contacts are listed
in my outlook contacts folder. When I design a document
in Word, go to fax it, the wizard pops up. I select
the "address book" tab to select recipients. I can see
the outlook contacts folder. I select that folder, and
no information comes up.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bill Chapman
[...]

The information keeps trickling in... ;)
Is your Outlook Address Book configured correctly? If you open the Address
Book in Outlook, what do you see in the "Show Names from the:" dropdown. The
Outlook Address Book should appear empty, but your Contacts Folder should be
listed beneath it and should contain all your Contacts.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
bill chapman said:
[...]

"bill chapman" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I am trying to use outlook to maintain a broadcast fax
list. I created a spreadsheet in excel with the
customer
name and fax number. I can see the contacts with all
the
information in outlook. When I go to Microsoft word to
create a document and fax, I use the fax wizard. I
then
click on address book and try to select the folder
which
the customer info is in. The folder is there, but
when I
click on it, there is no info within the folder.

Any help?

Thanks,

Bill Chapman

.

.

bill chapman

I have two folders in my outlook address book - one
called contacts (with family email addresses in it) and
one called fax list (with all the fax numbers for my
customers)when I use the "show names" drop down - I see
both folders - i click on contacts - i see the email
addresses - i click on fax list - I see nothing.

But - I do see the fax list info in outlook - just not
the address book.

This is frustrating :)

Thanks - bc

[...]

be
more specific.

Thanks,

Bill Chapman

wrote in message
[...]

How did you create the fax list? Are the fax numbers within it resolved?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
bill chapman said:
[...]

us;196743&Product=out

--

wrote in message
[...]

I created the fax list in excel and then saved the
spreadsheet as a .csv

I dont know about resolved - I downloaded some email
resolve utility but I dont know if it did any good -

Thanks,

bc

wrote in message
[...]

Resolved means the fax number is recognized as a valid electronic address.
When you open one of these Contact records, does the fax number appear
underlined and is it in one of the fax number fields?
I suspect you did not import these numbers correctly.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]