Fax Files used by Office 2002

Wes Newman

I want to create a FAX file installation share point folder on a
server which contains only the files needed (Dll's etc.) to install
the FAX service on XP. I was not able to locate a list of these files
in Technet, Knowledge base or the web. Does anyone know if such a
list exists and how I can get a copy of it?

Thx

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Office 2002 does not include fax software.
What fax service were you planning to use?

Wes Newman

Thanks for the reply. I am installing the FAX option in Microsoft XP
which is installed using Control Panel. I then use Outlook to send
the FAX. It works great but I do not want to have to touch each PC
and drag along my CD's.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Wes Newman said:
I want to create a FAX file installation share point folder on a
server which contains only the files needed (Dll's etc.) to install
the FAX service on XP. I was not able to locate a list of these files
in Technet, Knowledge base or the web. Does anyone know if such a
list exists and how I can get a copy of it?

Thx

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Seems like a reasonable request. Not sure it can be done however. Neither
Win 2K Fax nor Win XP Fax have any options I know of for custom
installation. I'll ask around to see if anyone has been able to hack one.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Wes Newman said:
I want to create a FAX file installation share point folder on a
server which contains only the files needed (Dll's etc.) to install
the FAX service on XP. I was not able to locate a list of these files
in Technet, Knowledge base or the web. Does anyone know if such a
list exists and how I can get a copy of it?

Thx

Manoj Jain [MSFT]

One way to achieve this is "Install Fax on Win2003 (assuming you have a
box). Share Fax on Win2003. From the XP boxes, connect to the Shared Fax
Server - using Add/Remove printers" - this will install Fax on the
connecting box.

You could also copy over all fxs*, msvcp* files from i386 folder on the CD
to a share point and when you run Add/Remove, point the location to that
share point. If there are any othe files it asks for during the setup,
please make sure you copy over those to the share point from the CD. I don't
have the exhaustive list with me as we speak (rather as I type).

--
Thank you, Manoj
rights.