farepack

Reaction score
How many people have been taken in by these?

No one from the company has been fined or send to court.

Make me sick they can get away with this:

Taken from there website:

UPDATED: 20 OCTOBER 2006

I regret to advise that Martha H Thompson and Shagun Dubey of BDO Stoy Hayward LLP, Kings Wharf, 20-30 Kings Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 3EX have been appointed Joint Administrators over the assets and business of Farepak Food and Gifts Limited on 13 October 2006.

Due to the volume of claims, the administrators are unable to acknowledge each claim received immediately. However they will be in contact with all those who have registered claims at the end of November.

PLEASE NOTE THAT NO FURTHER MONEY SHOULD BE SENT TO THE COMPANY. ANY DOCUMENTATION SHOULD BE RETAINED AT THE PRESENT TIME AND NOT SENT TO THE COMPANY.

It is the intention of the Joint Administrators to use this website as a way of updating all customers and agents affected by the Administration.

In the meantime please send notice of any claim you may have, using one of the following:

<LI>By post - Kings Wharf, 20-30 Kings Road, Reading, Berkshire. RG1 3EX

<LI>By E-mail - Agent Claim Form or Customer Claim Form

<LI>By phone - Claim Registration Line: 0870 066 9826 Open from 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week

<LI>By fax - 01793 606057

Due to the volume of claims, the administrators are unable to acknowledge each claim received immediately. However they will be in contact with all those who have registered claims by the end of November.

A number of companies and individuals have expressed an interest in making donations to a goodwill fund in support of people affected by the Administration of Farepak Food & Gifts Limited.

A stand-alone charity is being established to administer donations and the eventual distribution of vouchers. The Joint Administrators are not part of this process.

Further information is available at www.farepakresponsefund.org.uk

Please see below for answers to certain questions you may have.

1 Will I get my hampers/vouchers/gifts and if so, when? The Company is unable to deliver any orders for hampers/vouchers or gifts.

2 Will I get my money back and if so when and how much? The Joint Administrators are working to realise the assets of the Company. You will have a claim against the Company in Administration and the Joint Administrators will be writing to you about this as soon as possible. Claims can be submitted by agents and customers. Present information indicates that customers will not receive a refund of the payments made, other than possibly a small dividend and it may be some months before this can be paid.

3 I have collected money from my customers but not yet paid it in. What should I do? The Company is no longer accepting money from its customers and it should be returned to your customers and their payment book signed to show the money has been returned.

4 I pay by Direct Debit. What should I do? Do I need to cancel the instruction with my bank? Yes, please cancel any instruction to pay by Direct Debit.

5 What will happen to any monies paid after the administration started? Any hamper and voucher related monies received after the Joint Administrators' appointment from agents and customers, will be refunded in due course once such receipts can be traced back.

6 What should I tell my customers? Your customers will need to be advised that Farepak will not be supplying any hampers,vouchers or goods which have been ordered or were going to be ordered.

7 Will I get my commission? You will have a claim against the Company in Administration in respect of your commission and the Joint Administrators will be working to calculate this claim. Please see 2 above.

8 Why has this happened? Why now? The Company is insolvent, it is unable to pay its suppliers for goods and as a result, the goods cannot be supplied to you as an Agent or your customers.

9 I've still got some choice vouchers.. What should I do? Again, these will form part of your claim (see 2 above). They will not now be honoured.

10 I've still got vouchers left from last year. Are they still ok to spend? The Joint Administrators understand that any vouchers, other than Choice vouchers, which you hold will be valid and can be used.

11 I ordered a gift item last year and it is now broken. What should I do? This will form part of your claim against the Company in Administration. Please see 2 above.

12. I am a customer of a Farepak Agent. I have paid money. What should I do? In the first instance, you should ensure that your payment book is up to date. You should NOT give any further money to your Agent as the Company is not accepting any further money. If your Agent still holds your money, it should be reurned to you and your payment book amended to show you have received it. 13. I sent a cheque to Farepak after it went into administration, when will you return the cheque?
Cheques which have been received by the Joint Administrators will be returned in the week commencing 23 October 2006.

Last edited:

Ask a Question