Zavvi Gift voucher/card fury

Reaction score
Apparently if you go with a voucher or gift card they will take it off you. You are not allowed to spend it instore. This I find extortionate as they are still allowing sales at present via cash.

The cash they have had for my gift card and now I want to spend it but I cant. Seen my arse!!

I have a Zavvi gift card/vouchers, can I redeem it?

Following the failure of EUK on 27th November 2008, zavvi's directors lodged all monies received in respect of zavvi Gift Cards / Gift Voucher sales direct by zavvi stores in a trust account. In addition, zavvi ceased selling Gift cards in stores on 4th December 2008.

It is hoped that all customers who have purchased zavvi Gift Cards / Gift vouchers from zavvi stores from 27th November 2008 will receive a full refund in respect of these amounts.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for Gift Cards / Gift Vouchers to be redeemed in stores. All customers with unredeemed zavvi Gift Cards / Gift Vouchers acquired (from any retailer) since 27th November 2008 should write to the Joint Administrators at the following address, quoting their Gift Card / Gift Voucher number (s) and quoting their full name and address for return correspondence:

zavvi Return
c/o The Joint Administrators zavvi Group
Ernst & Young LLP
100 Barbirolli Square
Manchester
M2 3EY
email: zavvi (e-mail address removed)

We recommend that customers keep a copy of their Gift Cards / Gift Vouchers acquired prior to 27th November 2008. All customers with unredeemed Gift Cards / Gift Vouchers acquired prior to 27th November 2008 should write to the Joint Administrators at the above address, asking for their claim to be registered as an unsecured claim in the Administrations.

Please note, due to the large volumes of Gift Cards / Gift Vouchers that are currently outstanding it is not possible to discuss individual customer queries in person at this stage.

Reaction score
My local Zaavi became a Pound Shop just before Christmas!
Seems they are doing brisk business unlike Zavvi!!

Ask a Question