Fantasy Premier League

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You're right Ady, I'll remove them both now. Once it gets close to starting I'll lock the league and clear out anyone who shouldn't be there.

Who is "Wot No Waddle"?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Yeah I've joined your league, hope you don't mind :)

I'll delete my post at WCG, no point in having 2 or more leagues eh?

Erm, incase you're wondering why my total last year wasn't as high as yours - I was concentrating on the cup and achieved the 10th or 11th round. :)

Barildo

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Welcome Shield...:wave:

Ian I was going to point out certain people in there that were not supposed to be, but you got there first...:thumb:

The leagues looking good this year, so I should get some decent competition then...:D

Reaction score
What a lovely welcome :)

I'm not really lucky with this fantasy footy. I mean, there I am, studying away, trying to do a Fergie and find the winning formula...and it ends "tits up" :(

The guy that kicked me outta the cup last year had a strange phenomenom with his stats and scores, I wish I saved it now. Basically he scored a big fat zero but was allowed to go through to the next round.

I bet Patty ends up winning...beginners luck :)

Reaction score
Hello Shield
happywave.gif

Don't worry I have the winning forumla. I mean, YELLOW KIT!

Oh yes.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How does the cup stuff work exactly, is there a page on their site about it as I can't find it?

Reaction score
Hi PotGuy :)

The cup shows up around Xmas, might be different this year though. It's usually my mate that reminds me to pick a team for the season but I beat him this year.

Yellow...dang

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
How does the cup stuff work exactly, is there a page on their site about it as I can't find it?

No Ian theres nothing on the site about it at the moment, but rest assured I will let you know the minute it does...

Its called the fantasy cup and everyone gets put into a pot and teams are drawn against each other in a knockout match untilo there are only 2 remaining for the final and the cup itself...Prizes are 2 tickets to see a premier match of there choosing, normally out of a selection of 6 teams and £250 spending money...

I done pretty well last year and went a very long way into the last 400 teams left from over a million and a quarter...:eek:

Heres a summary...

Fantasy Cup: A new addition to the FAPL, the Fantasy Cup was introduced last season and was a reasonable success.... It is good to see that the creators of the competition have actually incorporated some competitions for all players, instead of just running competitions in individual leagues. Basically the idea is that every player registered before a certain deadline is matched up against another with the winner progressing, this is then repeated for each subsequent week until in the last week there are only two teams left. In each game the team with the highest score progresses and if its a tie i forget how they decide, maybe previous week or something, you'll see the rules once they start it up. I think it's great that they have a competition for everyone and while it's probably around a 1 in a million chance of winning, you can always dream.... Actually there some tactics you might employ to help yourself do better in this comp but i won't go over them here/yet....

Last edited:

phicksus

Sweet and Innocent
Reaction score
Just noticed there was a member here with the same title as the name of my team. Don't remember who it was though or if he is playing.
laughingsmiley.gif
I'm sure whoever will recognize it if they are playing. Just let me know and I'll change it. Isn't a big deal. :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I think another 3 have crept in Ian through the back door..

Lupin112

Nueng112

Zerosan

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I think they are probably the same 3 he deleted earlier, but with changed names - they all see to come from Thailand for some reason.....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll remove those now too, once the season is about to begin I'll close the league, but until then I'll just have to keep pruning.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Two Teams????

Looking at the PCR Football league I notice that one member has two teams under his name. I posted a note about it in the league set up as follows -

**Hi Jason, Are you not running the risk of having both your teams withdrawn by the Fantasy Premier league? They are quite specific about this especially if they are both in your name.
Don't want to see you thrown out before the season begins !! Better check it out in Help >Hot Topics >How many teams may I enter.**
Just thought it needs checking.

Ask a Question