Premier League Fantasy Football 2008/2009

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The 2008/09 Fantasy Football competition is open once again :D

If you want to join in, the website is http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I've set up the same PCR league again, with the joining code of "7581-2649". However, if you join please post in this thread with your team name - as I'll remove teams that haven't posted here to keep the league free of people we don't know :thumb:

The league starts around the beginning of August, so plenty of time to get a team in :nod: You can make a team now, but make as many changes as you want before the league starts - as players will be moving around a lot.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Rush, you'll be pleased as I've picked a Stoke player :D Was tempted to go for Fuller, but went for Lawrence instead :thumb:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm in under my usual moniker...:D Best of luck to all this season..:nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm in - I've just chosen my team - Taffy's Catsters, same as last time :thumb: :D

Edit: By the way, when they talk about "goals conceded" is that a good thing, or a bad thing? Sorry it's probably a dumb question :blush:

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Edit: By the way, when they talk about "goals conceded" is that a good thing, or a bad thing? Sorry it's probably a dumb question :blush:

Goals conceded is a bad thing, as it is how many goals your team have let in against the opposition. Defenders get points for not conceeding any, so you want this number to be small ideally :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ahh, thank you Ian, I had a feeling it might be, but needed to check and make certain :D

:wave:

Reaction score
lol so soon?

when is the skysports one gona start?
soemone set up a league on there please and post it back here

crazylegs you are the man

Reaction score
Joined up & FeckitsFeckers are up for it this season.
We cant do worse than last season, can we!:lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm in the league as Nivrip United. :thumb: Same as last year.

The chairman of the club said, "We're very happy with the manager. He did very well last season keeping the club in the Premiership in our first season there. We just need a couple more players and I think we may be able to push for a place in Europe by the end of the season. At the end of the day, I'll be over the moon if we can get into the top six. I just hope we get the rub of the green and that referees give us a level playing field when we play the Top Four. If we get a lot of decisions going against us and lots of injuries I'll be as sick as a parrot."

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
nivrip said:
The chairman of the club said, "We're very happy with the manager. He did very well last season keeping the club in the Premiership in our first season there. We just need a couple more players and I think we may be able to push for a place in Europe by the end of the season. At the end of the day, I'll be over the moon if we can get into the top six. I just hope we get the rub of the green and that referees give us a level playing field when we play the Top Four. If we get a lot of decisions going against us and lots of injuries I'll be as sick as a parrot."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumb:

Reaction score
Now listen up, after the poor season by FeckitUnited the team have been re-branded FeckitsFeckers.
With a new improved team we will be looking for a top 5 spot & European football.

And no ringers this time!!!

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm a bit puzzled - when I looked at my Footy page, I noticed that I'm shown in TWO leagues? One being PCR - the other "Head to Head" but I have no idea how this can be, because I didn't join it?

When I joined in a few days ago, I simply clicked on my shortcut (from last season) and after confirming my details, was signed in. It wasn't even necessary to add the code, because my League was still shown as PCR.

I don't seem to be able to delete myself from the other League. I've tried "Manage Leagues" but that only offers the option of leaving PCR.... ooh-er... can anyone enlighten me please? Thank you guys.

Edit: Duh...! I'm sorry guys, but I've just discovered the answer I think. Found some FAQs:

In addition, within an hour of joining you will be automatically entered into a public league with 19 other players.

Should have looked there first :blush: that's it, time I was asleep! :lol:

Last edited:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I was just about to write a ten minute response detailing why you were in there Taffy, but glad you found the info in the faq's..

Saves my fingers..
nod.gif

For anyone else that doesn't know why they are in a head to head situation, its a new thing premier league have introduced for a bit of extra fun and I have played this format before and its great..Not so great if you go out early though as then your just a passenger in the comp for the rest of the season..
Doesn't affect your team or main leagues though in the rest of the game..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
I'm a bit puzzled - when I looked at my Footy page, I noticed that I'm shown in TWO leagues? One being PCR - the other "Head to Head" but I have no idea how this can be, because I didn't join it?

When I joined in a few days ago, I simply clicked on my shortcut (from last season) and after confirming my details, was signed in. It wasn't even necessary to add the code, because my League was still shown as PCR.

I don't seem to be able to delete myself from the other League. I've tried "Manage Leagues" but that only offers the option of leaving PCR.... ooh-er... can anyone enlighten me please? Thank you guys.

Edit: Duh...! I'm sorry guys, but I've just discovered the answer I think. Found some FAQs:

Should have looked there first :blush: that's it, time I was asleep!
laughingsmiley.gif

An me to:eek:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
In and completed...who be Mr Chris Sudlow...taking the name stoke_city :mad: lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is there anyone still wanting to join that hasn't done so yet?

I'm going to lock the league soon, and then ask people to confirm in here who you are - then I'll delete the rest (as I'm sure there are some non PCR people in the league, positive in fact! ;)).

Reaction score
Madxgraphics United FC have now joined....Be warned I know feck all about football, other that I have the same name as some footballer, that plays for some sh*t team...:bow: :bow:

Ask a Question