Fancy a good read.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I asked recently for info on the Freedom of Information act. In the pdf file is why, what happened , what was done.

The next instalment will contain the outcome and consequences.

:cool:

Attachments

• The Appeal - Copy (2).pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 154

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi Abarb

From reading that it would certainly seem like you have been the victim of an antagonistic person because you didn't do exactly as they wanted you to do, and because of that they thought they would get you into trouble and report you..
Couldn't see the pics from your link as wouldn't let me copy and paste but I have had older people in my car that thought I was doing far in excess of the speed limit when I wasn't, it seems age plays a part especially with women when it comes to judging speed..
Also I have noted many times that passengers can be very temperamental when it comes to music being played in the car, but I do know that most rear loudspeakers nearly always come across as far louder than front speakers, I'm sure its because rear speakers are normally larger and more powerful in there wattage, and what would seem like a reasonable volume in the front can be slightly more overpowering from the rear, just my take on that situation and maybe why you got the complaint on that score.

I hope your appeal goes well and you get reinstated as it would seem judging from your letter that the witchfinder generals have been out over this matter!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments crazylegs. I doubt that I will get reinstated by the NHS but I may get reinstated at the local charity I drove for which will do me just fine. An hopefully I will get my name cleared. :)

Violent and aggressive barbarians that just won't do at all. Peaceful we is :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Strange how one mild throwaway comment can trigger the evil in some people. What you've encountered here o barbaric one is what we call a rogue nurse. They exist in some professions where they should not be, another example is the teaching trade where rogue teachers have been known to bully individual pupils.

This nurse has clearly set out to destroy you because you objected to her power trip in ordering you to fetch the wheelchair.

I wish you luck and if there's any justice this person who put you in the frame will get what's coming to her, she should not be in that profession.

This episode confirms my belief that I'm right not to choose to do voluntary work. I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if you was making some loot from your endeavours but to be stitched up for helping people of your own free will? It's not right.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sheesh - they've really got their claws into you Abarb. So sorry to hear it. :(

I'm not surprised that nurse changed her story - I wonder who enlightened her about how stupidly negligent SHE was going to appear, for handing-over a patient to someone she'd just accused of being "violent and aggressive?" I think the complaint would have probably died an instant death if she'd stuck with the wording of her original accusation. I agree with FBS, she sounds like a rogue (although other, less polite terms, come to mind!)

Looking at the photos, there is only one, where it's (just) possible to see the higher figures on your speedometer. That was with the car at rest, but it wouldn't be so easy when you're actually driving... your left arm would surely get in the way. I agree with CL, perceptions of speed can be very misleading, particularly from the rear seat.

I think to be dismissed like that is extremely unreasonable, particularly when you consider that you have given such excellent service, in all weathers. There must be far more passengers who have been totally happy and grateful to you, for safely ferrying them to and from their appointments, than the couple of whingers who have managed to make trouble for you.

Wishing you all the best with your appeal Abarb, good luck. :cheers:

Ask a Question