Fan

Reaction score
Taaa PSD just wanted to make sure waynos was confident enough to have a go thats all :)

Reaction score
lol I am sure he is alrite

I am just taking apart my hp laptop proper swine
looks like it is a goner

that thing is so hard to open up

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Okay cheers guys will have a read of the guide and see if i need anymore help.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
WOW, is that it?

So all i have to do is take it apart, remove the heatsinks, reapply proper thermal paste and get rid of the X brackets? That really does seem super simple.

TripleXdread- was it worth putting the extra fan in?

Cheers guys am going to homebase to get some washers and screws and will have a crack tonight.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Took the afternoon off work, yay!

So i got to homebase get my screws and stuff, get back take it apart and guess what???

I am missing the T-8 from my kit so i can't remove the x-plate things under the heatsinks, oh well back to homebase.

Oh and how were you going to add another fan??? Can see nowhere power it.

Reaction score
No point adding another fan I wouldn't bother lots of people got this sorted without another fan.

Damn shame you haven't got Torx 8 I didn't have one myself so I had to take it to a mates.

Do you know the sequence of lights on the thing and how many?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
cheers dude, was just having some tea and toast and doing some chores, back to homebase and hopefully to the finish and a 360 for £5.

Reaction score
psd99 said:
and here is a good video:

(don't forget the hair dryer lol)

Hmmmm basically a video showing you how to defraud a company....I think it should be edited....

Reaction score
MadX???

Not really

Microsoft knew that the machine had heat issues before it was even launched

They defrauded us!! Why you think they extended the guarentee without question. If your computer buggered up wouldnt you want to fix it too?

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
MadX???

Not really

Microsoft knew that the machine had heat issues before it was even launched

They defrauded us!! Why you think they extended the guarentee without question. If your computer buggered up wouldnt you want to fix it too?

Yes I would want it fixed, but what is shown in and spoken about on that video shows signs of fraud..Showing a person how to remove and replace a warrenty label is fraud which ever way you look at it..I think there will be a few people on here that would agree with me...As for MS knowing they had issues, I think from what I can remember reading was that not all were affected.. And thats where the warenty comes in....

Reaction score
You Maybe right

But the thread was left open. I have suspect however now you have flagged this issue the thread will need to be closed :(

Makes me wonder why some people really do get on their high horse when others try to help people out

Close the thread please before this turns into and good2shoes arguement

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Hmmmm basically a video showing you how to defraud a company....I think it should be edited....

Fraud wasn't the intention it was an excellent video to show how to open it up so the lad can fix his xbox.
No need to raise any hand bags over this.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
cheers dude, was just having some tea and toast and doing some chores, back to homebase and hopefully to the finish and a 360 for £5.

Sounds good except the chores

good luck I think it should work fine. Sort us out with some pictures of the insides and the work you do please if you can. :_)

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Fraud wasn't the intention it was an excellent video to show how to open it up so the lad can fix his xbox.
No need to raise any hand bags over this.

Hey where I come from, showing a person how to remove a warrenty label without damaging it, so you can replace it incase you need to return the product to claim on the warrenty is "FRAUD" end of story....I am right and that is that..I wasn't raising any hand bags or anything...

Reaction score
Me? I didn't show nothing that's not me in the video dude!!!
laughingsmiley.gif

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for all the help, have taken a few photos and am the stage where its all going back together so i can test it to see if it works.

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Me? I didn't show nothing that's not me in the video dude!!!
laughingsmiley.gif

LOL I weren't pointing the finger at you ....I know you wouldn't be daft enough to make a video like that and show it on here..But there again :p :p What I was pointing out was the fraud been commited in the removal of the Warrenty sticker and the mention of pirating games...(read forum guide lines) Anyway as no Mods have stept in they obviously don't think its serious enough.....

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, it went to plan as far as testing it and seeing if the 3 red lights go down to 2 and it did, but then after leaving it and putting it back together it shows the 3 red lights again.

Will take it back apart tomorrow and try again, was hoping it would have worked but never mind.

Ask a Question