Fan

Reaction score
I am in great desparate need of a 50mm 12v fan does anyone have 1 or 2 about that I could donate a few quid for?

Reaction score
did you look in my sale thread?

there are 2 fans in there do any of them interest you?

Reaction score
just had a look mate

the 50mm fans is to go onto the front of the heatsink in a 360 to blow air through and onto the rear fans. However i was also thinking about replaing the same heatsink witn an normal intel HSF if the lugs on board are same.

Im not sure about this one though because of height

Reaction score
50mm that is an irregular size mate I don't think this one is 50mm it is 60mm.

why would you want to replace any fans on the xbox? Blow air in why?

The noise is mainly from the dvd drive.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
60mm chipset fan with or without bracket, 10mm height without bracket, 30mm height with bracket, 3 pin connector if that helps.

Edit: Have a used Core 2 Duo HSF as well.

Reaction score
Blimey I know midlanders are friendly but you are taking the **** lol

Reaction score
I do have a 50mm fan and it but it stopped working. Not really blow air in but through from front of heatsink toward rear fans which expel

im also considering the idea of drilling out the gpu heatsink to place a 40mm fan into it to help cooling there aswell

To help explain what I mean the picture has the fans placed roughly where i want them to be. The cpu fan is easy to solve the difficult one is the GPU

Actually drilling out some of the heatsink to allow the fan to drop into it leaving a gap of abotu 6mm from bas of fan to base of fins. I rekon temp should drop by at least 2 degrees on gpu and possible 5 - 6 on cpu because of greater airflow around the fins on the right hand side of console. I do have a spare gpu heatsink so i think it worth trying. The test ive done without case complete were amazing the cpu HS was almost ice cold in standard dashboard mode. So even with case together i think it will be more than efficient cooling, especially with rear fans expelling warm air being pushed through aswell

Attachments

• DSC01228a.JPG
    DSC01228a.JPG
    310.5 KB · Views: 180
Reaction score
**** there goes your warranty you flashed it yet?
:_)

did you get any red lights?
sounds like a long mission that

Reaction score
Ive repaired it

it wasnt workign at all

I had to replace componants, ferrites and caps on board and fix the power socket. It was already RROD but never worked from the day it was given me. When i was given it it was a brick so nowt to lose

it works just wanna make sure it stays cool

Waynos thanks mate but a 60mm fan is too high just tried one. But not gonna be able to get a 50mm one i dont think. Im gonna hve to shave down the 60mm one a couple of mm top nad bottom so it wont interfere with case and sheilding when i put it back together

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey it won't let me upload a photo but this is exactly the same as mine as i googled the Motherboard bundle it came with.

attachment.php

Edit: Done - fbs

Attachments

• nb_fan2.jpg
    nb_fan2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 316

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi, its got screw holes on mine and a bracket with clips on it, looks like it will clip onto that heatsink in the picture prety well.

If you want it then PM me your address and i will post it, no charge as its worthless to me and will cost about 50p to post.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey dude,

My idiot mates XBOX 360 RROD'd and instead of sending it back he has bought an Elite instead so i have it now, fancy sharing how i go about repairing it???

And where did you get the spare parts???

Reaction score
oh wow now u ask

Well it can be a lengthy process mate

Do you think you are confident enough for a start?

Reaction score
You'll be fine here are guides to open the thing up:

http://custom-xmodz.co.uk/tutorials/Xb_open.html

and here is a good video:

(don't forget the hair dryer lol)

Careful as soon as you rip open the case and move that silver sticker - your warranty should it exist goes out of the window.

You'll need a certain torx screwdriver and a bit of patience once you are in it will look very familiar

Now for a fix on the red lights:

Different lights/sequence mean different things. But there is a good chance it is over heating.
I am going to send you a guide - the first part is lapping and should be simple for you the second part is a little more complicated you will need to replace a few parts

You'll need all of this:

5mm x0.8x10 machine screws
5mm Flat Washers
good thermal paste like artic silver
something to clean off of the old paste

probably be able to go to B and Q for the screws.

Reaction score
I'm going to have to PM you the guide it is too big for on here. :_)

Ask a Question